New pool build thread - Humble, TX

Pool equipment is in.
1ccaa354133df6b9b25027ac408424e8.jpg
f5f7e603878de0e9eb241d79d49610d3.jpg
b8ae3e332e95ca9aa76547418968a1cd.jpg

I'm no expert but why is the pump not connected directly to the filter above ground? It looks like it goes below grade then comes up to connect to the filter?

Also, if you are thinking adding a stenner for chlorine additions maybe have your PB plumb in a T fitting you can cap off until later in the line after the check valve after heater.

Otherwise, it looks great.

Sorry. Looking at your filter (the tall cylinder) the pipe going into the Inlet comes out and then has 2 45 degree couplings and goes into the ground beside the pad. The Inlet from your filter is connected to your pump. I'm assuming the pump located closest to the brick wall is for a water feature of some sort so likely is not connected to the filter. The pump located furthest from your brick wall is the likely the pool filter pump. The PVC coming out of the top looks to have a T fitting with one side heading down into the ground. The PVC coming out of the pump goes into the filter inlet. Most I have seen has the piping all above ground. Yours looks like between the pump and the filter it is below ground. Again, I'm not saying it is problem at all as I'm sure your PB knows what he is doing. I was only saying I have not seen that before.

I do not think you need to be concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

The ones I have seen look like this. See red lines in your picture.

pump.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.