Life time structural warranty

I guess it depends on the cost. Improper mixture of the plaster/gunite material could cause cracking or heaving. Shooting the gunite at improper temperatures can also have an effect on plaster structural integrity and appearance. I should hope it would also cover an instance where the steel rebar was installed too close to the surface, causing rust bleed through the pool wall.

I would not go with a builder that offers any less than 5 to 10 years on the structure that should be more than enough time for problems related to material defects to show. I don’t think I would pay extra for life time since we are talking lifetime of the company not the pool. Building codes exist for a reason; as long as you are meeting code as the build progresses you should have some level of confidence. Having a good builder with several years experience is a must but if you want the best product possible make sure you are onsite for all the major parts of the build that will serve you far better than any supposed guarantee.
If they are trying to sell you a warranty ask them how many of the pools they have built have cracked? That is going to be a hard question for them to answer since the number should be zero or very near it and if it is why would you pay for a warrantee and if it is not why would you go with them to build the pool
?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.