New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are welcome

That's the worst thing about excavating in Vegas...rocks and caliche!

Yeah ! more Darn ROCKs..............

2015-10-20-13-21-53R.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all for following and given me some meaningful thoughts on this build.

1/they did an excavation detail (hand crafted) on Friday.
2/ 4 guys get:
· Plumbing (Auto refill water line, water pressure=25 psi, by-pass equipment’s (connect IN/OUT water’s lines together)).
· Electrical (2 lights , Pentair controller, Grounding and Bonding)
· And Gas lines (Pressure test at 65psi) on Saturday.
3/ 4 steel rebar guys also finished their jobs on Sunday.

On Monday (which is today), Tuesday are clean up and preparing days. Inspection#1 on Wednesday.
Shotcrete on Thursday.

The above plan could be changed depending on Inspection and weather (forecast shows 30% chance of rain on Thursday).

Foot note: Special thanks to my wife, who prepared all the Breakfasts & Lunch's:
1/ coffee & donuts in the early morning.
2/ waters & sodas in the ice chest all days.
3/ Hamburgers with french fries, Pizzas at noon.
and opened door restroom for all the workers.:D

Wednesday (today) morning 9:00AM
First Hiccup….
Pre Gunite Inspection (1665) is failed:
1/ #8 copper conforming to shell of pool connected at only 3 points to pool bond beam.
2/ No bond to porch column latch weep screed.

Here is the code from Henderson city, NV:
“ 6613 First Pool Excavation and steel complete with bonding, to include 4 bonding jumpers equally spaced attached to a #8 bonding ring encircling the pool, piping, electrical conduit and light shells installed and stubbed out. Pressure test on piping. Location on property and proximity to other structures verified. “

11:00AM
Fixed it …and
We supposed to go online and reschedule for tomorrow inspection.

However, luckily we found our inspector cell phone number. And ask him nicely if he could spare some of his busy schedule to swing by and take a look at it? And he agreed.

2:00 PM
Passed – Signed off!

One thing I need to remind you as a pool owner builder in Henderson, NV is:
This #8 copper does need to circle around the pool at least 12” away from the outer bond beam, then bend in to clamp with bond beam at minimum of 4 points.

Shotcrete is next, Thursday, tomorrow….:)

Thanks Kim ,
My wife, she loves doing something like that.
yeah , I took a chance to call inspector back for a re-inspection the same day ! couldn't believe he did that for us.

Shotcrete today ! 6 guys get it done in 5 hours ...from 7:00AM to Noon.

2015-10-29-08-58-03R.jpg

DSC_0139R.jpg

DSC_0138R.jpg

WOW! Got to love a HOA. I would be taking pictures of EVERYTHING before with a time stamp AND printing them out to show the HOA pres and have them sign off how things look NOW so they cannot "make up" stuff to keep the money. (I don't trust HOAs so......)

Kim

Yes take photos of everything!! Knowing the HOA power hungry tyrants, they will try to bill you for a nic in the curb are broken branch on a bush. And when they bill you 50' of curbing will have to be replaced from one small scratch...... You can see how I feel about HOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watering ....more watering for at least 7 days in the row !

FYI :

POST SHOOT:
"Setting up for curing is the next step and of extreme importance. The concept is simple enough. You have to make sure the surface stays wet as the concrete cures to prevent the evaporation of mix water. The idea is to allow the water in the mix to hydrate all the cement particles. The more particles you hydrate, the more strength you gain. Those chemical reactions generate heat, which promotes evaporation of the mix water. Therefore you want to keep the exterior temperature cool, which in turn reduces evaporation and leaves more water available for the hydration process – all of which leads to a stronger end product.
Contrary to what some people think, you’re not adding water to the surface with the idea that it’s penetrating into the concrete. If that’s happening, the concrete is no good to begin with. You’re curing to minimize temperature gain, which in turn minimizes evaporation and maximizes strength.
The surface should remain wet for the first seven days minimum. You can use misters, soaker hoses, sprinklers or even wet burlap if you’re in an area with water restrictions. However you do it, the concrete must be wetted for at least seven days."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.