bio active

Unfortunately no consistent good results. Only a few spotty claims that it lowered CYA a little, the majority of trials reported here were complete failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like success has been 50/50...here are a few reviews I have seen:

Good Review:
"My cya level was so high that I had to use this product 3 times. It brought the cya level down a little each time until finally it was below 100. Apparently for best results you need to make sure your ph and chlorine are in balance and one treatment will lower the cya up to 150. I have an above ground pool and could not drain it so this was the only choice I had. It did what it was supposed to do. I am satisfied."

Bad Review:
"This product was a waste of money, I did everything per instructions and this product did not produce results as advertised. After waiting to to see results, I ended up draining the pool a third of the way and refilled in order to lower the cyanuric acid level. My cyanuric acid level was at 100 in the beginning and after using this product, it lowered only by 10 down to 90 which might actually have happened due to removing the use of chlorine and relying on shock without stabilizer not this falsely
advertised product.
"

It's very important to follow the instructions exactly if you do want to see good results, but even then have heard some feedback of it still not working well. The manufacturer says to wait up to 10 days to allow the product to work. If your fed up with draining and replacing your water, might be worth a shot.

Seems like success has been 50/50...here are a few reviews I have seen:

Good Review:
"My cya level was so high that I had to use this product 3 times. It brought the cya level down a little each time until finally it was below 100. Apparently for best results you need to make sure your ph and chlorine are in balance and one treatment will lower the cya up to 150. I have an above ground pool and could not drain it so this was the only choice I had. It did what it was supposed to do. I am satisfied."

Bad Review:
"This product was a waste of money, I did everything per instructions and this product did not produce results as advertised. After waiting to to see results, I ended up draining the pool a third of the way and refilled in order to lower the cyanuric acid level. My cyanuric acid level was at 100 in the beginning and after using this product, it lowered only by 10 down to 90 which might actually have happened due to removing the use of chlorine and relying on shock without stabilizer not this falsely
advertised product.
"

It's very important to follow the instructions exactly if you do want to see good results, but even then have heard some feedback of it still not working well. The manufacturer says to wait up to 10 days to allow the product to work. If your fed up with draining and replacing your water, might be worth a shot.

Are those TFP reviews or some other source? Most of the TFP threads I have read this season were failures. TFP member Aqua Lab Rat even did extensive testing in this thread and could get no measurable difference or positive results.

It would be nice if the stuff worked but, so far, it seems to be a dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.