Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bio active

1. Back To Top    #1

bio active

Has anyone used this product? If so any success? How long should I wait to test cya after use of this product?
    San Antonio TX 14K Gal in ground free form jandy vs pump with DE filter polaris cleaning system with auto feed chlorinater, JandyJXi400N natural gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bio active

Several people have posted about it. A search will find them. Little success.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Unfortunately no consistent good results. Only a few spotty claims that it lowered CYA a little, the majority of trials reported here were complete failures.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Seems like success has been 50/50...here are a few reviews I have seen:

Good Review:
    "My cya level was so high that I had to use this product 3 times. It brought the cya level down a little each time until finally it was below 100. Apparently for best results you need to make sure your ph and chlorine are in balance and one treatment will lower the cya up to 150. I have an above ground pool and could not drain it so this was the only choice I had. It did what it was supposed to do. I am satisfied."

Bad Review:
    "This product was a waste of money, I did everything per instructions and this product did not produce results as advertised. After waiting to to see results, I ended up draining the pool a third of the way and refilled in order to lower the cyanuric acid level. My cyanuric acid level was at 100 in the beginning and after using this product, it lowered only by 10 down to 90 which might actually have happened due to removing the use of chlorine and relying on shock without stabilizer not this falsely
    advertised product.
    "

It's very important to follow the instructions exactly if you do want to see good results, but even then have heard some feedback of it still not working well. The manufacturer says to wait up to 10 days to allow the product to work. If your fed up with draining and replacing your water, might be worth a shot.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

If you have to drain it will be only once. Once you start using the TFPC method, you never have to do that again. Good bye Pool $tore, Hello self maintenance.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by blakej View Post
    Seems like success has been 50/50...here are a few reviews I have seen:

Good Review:
    "My cya level was so high that I had to use this product 3 times. It brought the cya level down a little each time until finally it was below 100. Apparently for best results you need to make sure your ph and chlorine are in balance and one treatment will lower the cya up to 150. I have an above ground pool and could not drain it so this was the only choice I had. It did what it was supposed to do. I am satisfied."

Bad Review:
    "This product was a waste of money, I did everything per instructions and this product did not produce results as advertised. After waiting to to see results, I ended up draining the pool a third of the way and refilled in order to lower the cyanuric acid level. My cyanuric acid level was at 100 in the beginning and after using this product, it lowered only by 10 down to 90 which might actually have happened due to removing the use of chlorine and relying on shock without stabilizer not this falsely
    advertised product.
    "

It's very important to follow the instructions exactly if you do want to see good results, but even then have heard some feedback of it still not working well. The manufacturer says to wait up to 10 days to allow the product to work. If your fed up with draining and replacing your water, might be worth a shot.
    Are those TFP reviews or some other source? Most of the TFP threads I have read this season were failures. TFP member Aqua Lab Rat even did extensive testing in this thread and could get no measurable difference or positive results.

It would be nice if the stuff worked but, so far, it seems to be a dud.

Last edited by JoyfulNoise; 10-01-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Update with links
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Amazon still shows mixed results and those results may not all be legit. Same with Leslie's and Pool Supply World.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"