Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

I see you putting a rubbermaid tub (clear?) outside where the pool will be taking pics to share with us!

Make sure you know the ones in YOUR price point. Don't let the "pretty" override your wallet! (See I won't spend ALL of your money LOL)

Oh what fun!

Kim

I see you putting a rubbermaid tub (clear?) outside where the pool will be taking pics to share with us!

Make sure you know the ones in YOUR price point. Don't let the "pretty" override your wallet! (See I won't spend ALL of your money LOL)

Oh what fun!

Kim

oh yes, Kim! I have nothing on my schedule for Monday except water, Rubbermaid, Gemstone and pictures!

And I appreciate you leaving me a little pocket change- I wanna buy some deck furniture, or at least a few umbrellas ;)

Your sparkling crystal clear TFP water will look amazing regardless of which pool surface you select.

So your "job" is to ONLY shows us (and you) the plaster in your price point. Don't even tempt us or yourself with the others.

Know you can enhance your plaster with the shells and beads and go from there.

Kim

Kim, they even sent me samples with the shells and beads!:bounce:

- - - Updated - - -

Your sparkling crystal clear TFP water will look amazing regardless of which pool surface you select.

TRUE THAT,Chief!!:lovetfp:

Sorry ladies! Had some errands to do and it's been very gloomy outside today. The clouds finally broke a little and I got a few pictures.
Kim, I did throw all the price points in water just cuz THEY'RE SO PRETTY!! I will not, however, be heartbroken to not have the upper level ones because I'm grateful and blessed to even be able to have a pool. Just like my new CR-V, I love it because it's what I could afford, I didn't need the Touring model which was the model with ALL the bells and whistles.

It'll take me couple posts to upload all the photos. Today was just round 1. I only tested the colors we would consider. We don't want anything really dark. Hopefully tomorrow will actually be sunny and I'll get to do some more tests.

image.jpg

This is is the "basic" level Gemstone Series. We decided it's too rough.

image.jpg

This is level 2 Sandstone. It is a finer aggregate. We both liked this.

image.jpg

This is is Sandstone with abalone shells and blue beads added. I really like it, Hubby says he can't see a difference in the sparkle :(

image.jpg

This is the "Designer" series. Bold, vibrant colors. Hubby did not like these. I, of course, LOVE them.... I have an art background and am all about color. Hubby's favorite color is gray :/

image.jpg

This is the "Sparkle Quartz" series. Very fine, very smooth, probably out of our price range. Plus I think I like the interesting mixture of stones in the other series.

Stand by...more coming

image.jpg

This is is the Micro Fusion series. Smooth, pretty, expensive.

image.jpg

This is the Radiant Fusion series. It's the same as the Micro Fusion but with sparkle and beads added. And, of course, I really like it...so pretty.

Now, back to financial reality...

Next are pictures of the plain Sandstone compared with the same Sandstone colors with the added sparkle.
The sun also made an appearance.

image.jpg

Sandstone (narrowed down the colors)

image.jpg

Same Sandstone colors with added sparkle

More coming up...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
image.jpg

This is the plain Sandstone color and its companion color Sandstone sparkle side by side

image.jpg

And this is the same colors plus one in the Radiant Fusion in the sun (because it's pretty)

Thats all I have for now. It's going to be a tough choice.

What fun!

Gray?? His fav color is gray???? Eeyore! Wait even Eeyore is BLUE! LOL Poor hubby you don't stand a chance with this one! Too many color loving females "voting".

BUT I do have to agree with him about the "designer" colors. Not my favs. Just too much/dark/busy.

"This is the "Sparkle Quartz" series. Very fine, very smooth,. Plus I think I like the interesting mixture of stones in the other series." I think the same thing. I like the other mixture of stones.

"This is is the "basic" level Gemstone Series. We decided it's too rough. " These look like they would abrade body parts for sure!

I can see the blue beads but the pics do not really show the shells in the side by side of the three colors.

It IS going to be a hard chose but you really cannot go wrong with any of them!

Kim

I'd focus just as much or more on the water color produced versus the look of the finish. But our color plaster is grey AND I'm a guy, so what do I know!

I'm glad you could see it, Marla.

Kim, I'll get some more pictures when it's a bit sunnier.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd focus just as much or more on the water color produced versus the look of the finish. But our color plaster is grey AND I'm a guy, so what do I know!

All I have are the catalogue pictures to compare for water color. I'll post some of those with the appropriate finish. I think I really want a more vibrant color as opposed to a light/pale color without it being dark- if that makes any sense.

Lol on the gray!

Tell us the color names of the three you have narrowed it down to.

Ask your PB if he has a finished pool using the three colors and see if you can go see them in person. "Hi can I look at your pool color please?" said with a smile and plate of brownies!

Kim

Kim, I may be adding some colors to the list once I get to see them in a truly sunny setting. So far, no sun today :(
We meet with the PB tomorrow. I'm going to get prices on all the different levels so I know for sure what's within the realm of consideration and what's not.
We also get to see the updated design to which we added all our wish list items! I'm super excited! I'm also hoping to get an idea of tile and stone costs. We are thinking of going with concrete pavers now instead of salted concrete. This Oklahoma clay expands and shrinks and shifts so much, we don't want to end up with a bunch of cracking like we have with our driveway.

Out of all of them I like the Blue in your #2 picture. It has just the right amount of colors, without freaking out the eye. You want it to accentuate the pool, not cause epileptic seizures! Plus, you want something that's going to be easy to see to clean. Those 'busy' ones would be hard to tell where you had been.

I was unable to see sparkle or beads in any of them. Must be the way my computer is rendering the colors. Between a poopy laptop and low end LCD monitor, I'm not surprised.

Out of all of them I like the Blue in your #2 picture. It has just the right amount of colors, without freaking out the eye. You want it to accentuate the pool, not cause epileptic seizures! Plus, you want something that's going to be easy to see to clean. Those 'busy' ones would be hard to tell where you had been.

I was unable to see sparkle or beads in any of them. Must be the way my computer is rendering the colors. Between a poopy laptop and low end LCD monitor, I'm not surprised.

that's a really good point about cleaning....hmmmm
I DO like the blue, I just wasn't wanting a pale blue water color.

I have some appointments and errands today. If I get a chance later, I will post the catalogue pictures with the physical samples.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.