Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New pool! Finishing today!

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool! Finishing today!

I'm so excited! DB is going in as I type and I went with a dark blue. I started a thread called "Diamond Brite Watercolors" a while back and just now found it again, lol
    Question? How would the cured color compare to what it looks like right now? I never found a pool with this finish I could go see in person so I really am holding my breath here

And how long does it take for us to be able to go in the pool from this point. I'll try to post a link to my other discussion once I figure out how to do it from my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Diamond brite watercolors

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool! Finishing today!

Congratulations!!!!! I know how excited you are! You may have to hold your breath a little longer.... For me, it was really hard to predict the cured color from the just installed plaster color. For mine, the color was lighter after the acid wash. But I have a different brand product, so I can't say if that makes a difference. Also, my pool was filled on July 24th, so almost 2 months ago. I noticed yesterday that the color looks a little more blue now than it did a month ago. So.... is it the changing of seasons; I'm getting more used to the color and like it better; it's still curing so the color is still evolving? I just don't know.

But I understand how you feel! I had tortured for so long over the color choice that I wanted to know the end result - right then!!! But once we began swimming, I found the color didn't matter nearly as much as I thought it would. We just have so much fun playing in the pool.

How long before you can swim? That really depends on your PB. Some want you to wait for a period because of warranty issues with the finish. My PB didn't seem concerned about that and almost made it part of my pool fill instructions: when the water reached half way up the skimmers or waterline tile, Jump In! And I've seen many pool builds here where kids and big kids (adults) were in as the pool was filling.

We used 2 hoses and it took about 36 hours for our pool to fill. It all depends on the size of your pool and how many hoses you have available to use.

Post pictures when you can!!!

Have fun!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Here it is right now...they are prepping to cover it if it starts raining! I hope not!

Thank you for your post, yes it's agonizing! And I want to go in right after it fills lol I have my sister and baby flying in next week to visit so I just want to bs able to have them go in

13k gallon 10x35 IG salt water pool 8x10 spa Hayward ecostar variable speed pump with remote. Diamond Brite cobalt. Diamond brite watercolors

4. Back To Top    #4

I love the color!! Can't wait to see it with water!! It's going to be amazing! I will tell the manger at swg told us if the pool is maintained properly that the color would have less fading etc. That the fading is often times calcium buildup etc. that looks like fading. He spend a lot of time with us answering all our questions about all the different finishes they have there.

5. Back To Top    #5

That color is gorgeous! You chose wisely!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

More pics please!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you girls!

Thank you for the tips Drey, sounds right about the calcium build up... I really want to keep it a rich color and hope I can keep up with maintaining it that way.

I'll post another pic in the morning or when the water level reaches the tiles
    13k gallon 10x35 IG salt water pool 8x10 spa Hayward ecostar variable speed pump with remote. Diamond Brite cobalt. Diamond brite watercolors

8. Back To Top    #8

Here it is and I can't stop looking at it. The spa didn't get done with that rain yesterday.

9. Back To Top    #9

Very sharp design--clean and crisp. Like the water color especially.
    34x17, IG gunite pool, Cathedral shape, Hayward Pro-Logic automation, 40,000 gal T-cell 15, Hayward EcoStar VFD, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward ColorLogic LED lights x 2

10. Back To Top    #10

Agree -- great contrasts! And those chaises are a great complement to the modern lines!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

It looks great! That color is only going to get better! And bye the way I asked my PB how soon we could swim and he said as soon as it's full. We are using city water.

12. Back To Top    #12

Thank you! I love everything about it too, it turned out exactly how I imagined it, color and all, I'm so happy with it... I haven't gone in yet haha, it's just city water, but I was tempted

13. Back To Top    #13

What color did you go with? We are also using diamond bright plaster and I am thinking Tahoe blue.
    Build starting in Aug 2015, 115 ft perimeter 654 feet, IG gunite freeform with spa, 3 hp Pentair VS intelliflow
    520 sq feet Pentair cartridge, Pentair 400 heater, Polaris 280, SWG, travertine coping

14. Back To Top    #14

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not look at my siggy for the one we use and love! The test kit will make all of the difference in maintaining your pool to correct way!

I also have a link for you to read. PLEASE know that you HAVE to do what your PB says as HE holds the warranty card so.....what he says goes!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

That turned out so pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing pics when the spa is completed, and filled too. Enjoy
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

16. Back To Top    #16

where did you get those chaise lounges?
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

17. Back To Top    #17

Your pool looks awesome congrats!
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

18. Back To Top    #18

New pool! Finishing today!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenfromok View Post
    What color did you go with? We are also using diamond bright plaster and I am thinking Tahoe blue.
    I went with cobalt, it's 60% midnight blue 40%onyx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DFWguy View Post
    where did you get those chaise lounges?
    I got the chaises at Modani, I found them online and picked them up at their Miami location but I think they ship them too.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Do you have a good test kit yet? If not look at my siggy for the one we use and love! The test kit will make all of the difference in maintaining your pool to correct way!

I also have a link for you to read. PLEASE know that you HAVE to do what your PB says as HE holds the warranty card so.....what he says goes!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Kim
    Kim thank you for the link! I also went on to SGM and both say to NOT add chorine for first couple of days and I want to make sure we fallow manufacture's protocol on this, but my PB said he planned to add some chlorine at the same time as the acid right after turning on the pool pump... That Meeks me uneasy, so I emailed him a copy of the SGM recommendation guide lines and asked what his thought are. I really don't want to ruin a beautiful job and I know the darker colors can be tricky.

20. Back To Top    #20

Spa is done!!! Pump is on!!!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast