New Equipment Set Up Advice

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Hi all, i am almost done with an owner/build, and I need some advice on how my plumber installed the equipment today. I put this in my build thread, but I thought that it might be more appropriate here. So basically, my plumber left two pipes unconnected to anything. When I asked him about it, he said that one of them has to be open from the filter so that the pool guys can use it to clean the filter (makes sense to me), and the second one that is open coming up from the ground he said is for the pump for the spa to get air. I have no reason to think that this is wrong, just seemed weird to have a pipe connected to nothing open to the air from the ground.

I attached some pics so you can see the pipes that I am talking about. Any issues with these open pipes? Not sure if this makes a difference, but I have three total pumps and one blower. 1 variable speed for circulation, one 1 horsepower for the sheer descent, and one 1.5 horsepower for the spa, and the blower. Thanks for any advice on this!

IMG_4380_zpsdf32rodk.jpg

IMG_4381_zpsdw5dcccu.jpg

IMG_4382_zpshfdgn1zi.jpg

IMG_4387_zpsjj9zgj2w.jpg

Awesome! Thank you for the reply. This forum has seriously bailed me out so many times through my owner build. I don't think that I could have done it and slept at night without these type of replies.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question, what is the purpose of the blower if the spa jets are getting air from the dedicated spa pump?

Thanks diverminh. I wasn't even home for the install. I found the plumber through my rebar guy. Apparently he does only pool plumbing for a number of big builders in SoCal. I was lucky to find him, but man, he is so busy that it took him forever to come back and install the equipment. I guess that is what happens when you are good at your job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.