Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crystal pure salt chlorinator?

1. Back To Top    #1

Crystal pure salt chlorinator?

I found a 40k gallon one on sale and would love to get it but don't know about its track record. Does anyone know anything or have personal experience?
    Central valley, California. Inground pool built 1971, plaster, sand filter, hayward ecostar variable pump, 1.5" lines, roughly 25k gallon

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crystal pure salt chlorinator?

Bump!
    Central valley, California. Inground pool built 1971, plaster, sand filter, hayward ecostar variable pump, 1.5" lines, roughly 25k gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Bump, anyone bought it from inyopools

4. Back To Top    #4

From what little research I could find, it looks very similar to the Aquarite but I'm not sure on the reliability. It only has a one year warranty and you will be dealing with Inyopools to get any replacement parts and troubleshooting it will be difficult if problems surface. As you can see you didn't get much support here at TFP. I read that it is not made in the USA. It might be a great deal at $500 for the 40,000 gallon system, but that is your choice to spend double that amount for a name brand system such as the Hayward AquaRite with a three year warranty or the Crystal Pure.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I came across one of these systems installed yesterday for the first time. It looks and feels like a cheap knock off of the Haward systems. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to see it work yet, but if I get to go back to this particular pool, I'll be sure to let you all know what I see.
    TreeFiter

Pool Technician
    Saugerties, NY