Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sad, pool came down today

1. Back To Top    #1

So sad, pool came down today

Weather getting too cold to swim, so pool came down.

Drained it, cleaned the inside and dried it with towels. The disassembled it, roll it all up and packed away for the winter in my heated shop (so liner never freezes) Pump stays in heated shop too, everything else goes into cold storage in other shop. Actually once it's drained, only takes me about an hour to take it all apart and pack away, so not too bad.
    It gets to -35 here in the winter, so I never leave the Ultra up just in case.

So that is it until next spring, when I get to do the entire thing again, whoo whoo!

Now, getting the weather more inclined towards the hot tub now.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So sad, pool came down today

We swam for last time yesterday n I told hubby I wanted to take the steps out while water was still warm. I'll keep the pool running for a few more weeks n then I'll cover it.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Too sad!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Our pool is still at around 83-84 degrees. It drops at night, but the sun and solar cover get it back up. However, a cold front is supposed to roll in tomorrow and rain along with it, so tonight may be the last swim.

I don't winterize until the water temp drops lower and stays there, but swimming may be over shortly.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo

5. Back To Top    #5

Enjoy your swim tonight, Phonedave! Our solar panels have the pool up to 91 at 7 pm. I am getting in there and enjoying it as well. Probably one of the last warm swims! This is the saddest time of the year. I love my pool!
    30 ft. round Aqua Leader agp with dished out center 23,800 gallons; 1.5 hp Hayward pro matrix pump; Hayward EC50 DE filter; solar panels; solar cover

6. Back To Top    #6

praying for one more weekend over here in Medicine Hat, AB, then that will be it for the year........maybe
    Lou - 13.5K Gal pool, AG Intex 24 X 52"
    19" Sand Filter/1 hp pump, Aqua Trol SWG
    90 sq ft Homemade Solar panels + 80 sq ft Fafco panels, coupled with a SS heat exchanger/Hot Water Tank, Pentair SolarTouch, Taylor k-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Had a hose clamp break on our return and the pool drained itself below the skimmer. Thought about closing now but decided it made more sense to waste a little water and close in a month when the water is cooler and we can sweep again. I think swimming is over though, we got one last day in on Monday. This weekend we have a low of 47F coming so the pool should cool off quickly.

Always so sad to look out the window and see the tarp over the pool...
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

. I had a patch come lose that I have to get back in to repair tomorrow, but the season here is almost over too, and I don't like it one bit. Yes, it is a sad, sad, time of the year.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

9. Back To Top    #9

Had a second cool front come in today, but the night temps should still be in the low 70's. I should be able to swim til the equinox, hopefully. I have gotten in as late as October 10, but that is a brisk, chilly swim. Night swims are done, for sure.

I agree, sad, sad time of year.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

We got in for what I think will be our last comfortable swim. It thundered in the distance, we got out, it never did storm. But I got the dirt out and brushed, at least.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggledog View Post
    Enjoy your swim tonight, Phonedave! Our solar panels have the pool up to 91 at 7 pm. I am getting in there and enjoying it as well. Probably one of the last warm swims! This is the saddest time of the year. I love my pool!

I hate it when it is cold for a few days, so the pool gets really cold, but then you get a hot spell. You think to yourself, it's 85 out, I should swim. Then you see your pool is 65 and you go "oh, never mind"

-dave
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo

12. Back To Top    #12

My pool is 85 right now. Solar panels really help. I have to go out for a it but if the air is not too cold tonight I am going to try to get in the pool. I try to eek out as much pool time as I can all summer long but at this time of the year I get almost crazed about it!
    30 ft. round Aqua Leader agp with dished out center 23,800 gallons; 1.5 hp Hayward pro matrix pump; Hayward EC50 DE filter; solar panels; solar cover

13. Back To Top    #13

Our summer has ended chilly here in Georgia. The pool is down to 82, so the season won't last much longer. We usually close end of October, but it looks to be an early close this year
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

14. Back To Top    #14

I might hop in this weekend for a little dip, but we're about done here for sure. Water temps now into the mid 70s pretty solidly. Some highs in the 80s on Sunday but every night now is 50s or 40s... Time to get the cover in shape and test out the Shop Vac this weekend.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    Weather getting too cold to swim, so pool came down.

Drained it, cleaned the inside and dried it with towels. The disassembled it, roll it all up and packed away for the winter in my heated shop (so liner never freezes) Pump stays in heated shop too, everything else goes into cold storage in other shop. Actually once it's drained, only takes me about an hour to take it all apart and pack away, so not too bad.
    It gets to -35 here in the winter, so I never leave the Ultra up just in case.

So that is it until next spring, when I get to do the entire thing again, whoo whoo!

Now, getting the weather more inclined towards the hot tub now.
    Awe, Darrel, saddest time of the year. Although, we may have one more day to enjoy it this weekend... it is supposed to be upwards of 30 degrees for Brandon tmo With no issues arising out of our decision to leave our pool up (partially drained) last winter, we have decided to leave ours up again this year. Fingers crossed. Our biggest challenge is getting our enormous pool steps removed for the winter. The steps themselves are heavy enough and combined with the 75 pounds of wet sand in the balusters, it is quite an endeavor to get them out (one worthy of an award winning "America's Funniest Home Videos" entry LOL) I am trying to convince the hubby that we need to fabricate some type of platform in the pool to raise them up above the (lowered) water level and leave them in the pool rather than struggle to try to remove them completely. Looks like this will be the weekend to get it done tho. Last year we waited until the middle of October, brrrrr. So I guess one last swim, a thorough cleaning, and winterizing are on the agenda for tomorrow. See y'all in the Spring
    Our "Backyard Oasis" 2014 12x24x52" Steel Pro Hydro Force (Bestway) 7725 gallons; Jacuzzi 1LRC-5-S1/B 1HP Pump: Jacuzzi L192-7C 19" Laser Series Sand Filter; KStar 10 10KW Electric Pool/ Spa Heater; Jacuzzi wall mounted skimmer

16. Back To Top    #16

Draining in Iowa today, sad to see my TFP water go away

Intex 18' x 48" - Intex 3000 sand filter - Taylor K-2006

17. Back To Top    #17

I'm sweeping the pool one last time today, SLAM'ing it for winter, draining n covering it here in a few hours. It was a great summer but it's over.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

18. Back To Top    #18

Did the samething here today also....not a happy day lol !!!
    24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

We got to have a fun day in the pool today. Night temps this week are in the 50s so pool has dropped to 80. Kind of sad. Seems like it's cooling off sooner this year as I know in the past we've had a March-October season. I wish we had solar panels. Hoping for a turn around in temps and more of an Indian summer.

Down here we never actually "close" the pool. Pump runs a few hours a day in the winter too. It has a thermostat that kicks it on if we near freezing.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

20. Back To Top    #20

The pool is now in "temp drop" mode.

The solar cover is removed, cleaned, and stored for the winter.

Pool is still too warm for my liking to shut down, so right now is it cooling off. Maybe this weekend it will go to sleep, maybe the weekend after that. I don't think anyone will be brave enough to swim in it during that time frame.

-dave
    Zodiac Wahoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast