Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much should I expect to pay for labor...

1. Back To Top    #1

How much should I expect to pay for labor...

...on the following for my IG pool:

1) Remove old pool light and replace with a new pool light.
    2) Remove old spa drain cover and replace with a new Hayward WG1048E drain cover?
    Thanks!
    15K gal, IG concrete w/ Diamond Brite, Built in Over-Flow Spa, Max-Flo VS Pump, Hayward Star-Clear II C1100 Pool Filter with Aqua EZ 100-sq ft Cartridge Filter Model #: C8610 (Lowes), Great White Auto Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How much should I expect to pay for labor...

That is a very hard thing to say what you should pay in labor. Get three bids and go with the one you feel the most comfortable with.

What I might say is reasonable might not be what someone else would think is reasonable.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!
    That makes sense. My apologies for the late reply...No excuse but I haven't been using the spa or the pool for that matter so just getting ready to get those bids. Perhaps, I may have been better off asking how many hours of labor the job might take. We shall see!
    15K gal, IG concrete w/ Diamond Brite, Built in Over-Flow Spa, Max-Flo VS Pump, Hayward Star-Clear II C1100 Pool Filter with Aqua EZ 100-sq ft Cartridge Filter Model #: C8610 (Lowes), Great White Auto Pool Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

A general guideline to use is to take the cost of materials and parts and double it to get total cost of many construction jobs in general. However, this is only a VERY rough estimate as some jobs are very light on materials, high in labor and of course, the opposite can be true. If anything, pool jobs and contractors tend to charge more than the average construction contractor as their services are specialized and there is less competition.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!