Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help in finding the guide section

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help in finding the guide section

I'm new to this forum, where can I find the "How to" guide for adding the chemicals such as Baking Soda, Borax, Bleach and Muriatic Acid?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help in finding the guide section

Welcome!

Take a look in Pool School (big logo near upper right of the page) and start with the ABCs article.

Is that what you have in mind?

Ask questions - there are lots of people here who are happy to answer!
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a detailed chemicals page, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

And remember Borax is optional.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    And remember Borax is optional.
    ...even if you want to add borates.
    23,000 gallons IG gunite, pebble (I think)
    Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward sand filter
    Mineral Springs SWCG (it's actually Hayward/Goldline), Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15
    Polaris pool cleaner (with booster pump)
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test, Lamotte Borate test strips

6. Back To Top    #6

Woody is saying that adding borates is optional. As in not required for a TFPC pool. Although, I do like my borates.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

And Baking Soda may not be required either. Just depends on what your pH is.
    its handy for other stuff too though, so I usually have box of it sitting around somewhere. NOw if I could just remember where!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    And Baking Soda may not be required either. Just depends on what your pH is.
    Baking soda increases TA too.
    23,000 gallons IG gunite, pebble (I think)
    Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward sand filter
    Mineral Springs SWCG (it's actually Hayward/Goldline), Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15
    Polaris pool cleaner (with booster pump)
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test, Lamotte Borate test strips

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Hello rnaval, and Welcome to TFP,

If you are perhaps looking for something more specific to explain How much chemicals to add etc. You can also use the pool math calculator for that purpose. There is big button at the top of the screen labeled POOL MATH, but here's a link for it. PoolMath

Just put in your pool size, current reading in the 1st square, Goal -(what level you want it at) in the 2nd square, and the calculator will figure that for you, and it will tell you how much of whatever chemical will be needed to get your pool from its current level to the goal level

Also If you don't mind could you please also fill out your Signature information: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...efore-you-post.

To Get to the EDIT SIGNATURE SECTION from here: Go to the top of the page, click on the little link called FORUM ACTIONS,

Choose GENERAL SETTINGS from the drop down box,

Then look down the left side of your page for MY SETTINGS,

Click EDIT SIGNATURE, just fill out the information.

That way should you have more technique questions in the future, it will be easier to help you because we'll already have the information.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have because that's why we are here is to help, and teach. Again Welcome to TFP, and Have a wonderful Night.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.