Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another DFW Pool Build... Mansfield

1. Back To Top    #1

Another DFW Pool Build... Mansfield

Hello All.... we are just about two weeks into our build.. Gunite was done today and electricians are coming tomorrow. Here are the specs for the pool:

20,700 IG Free Form Pool w/ beach entry
    34.6'x18'
    4'-6' deep
    13' weeping wall
    3 bubblers on beach entry
    2 color LED lights
    Jandy 2HP VS pump
    Jandy 1.5HP pump for water features
    Jandy 460 cartridge filter
    Jandy Nature 2 (but plan on eliminating it after reading this site the past week)(its not plumbed in yet)
    Polaris 280 cleaner

Wood burning fire pit
    estimated 600sqft of sundeck (I'm sure this will be increased though)

I think that covers most of the specs. Here are a few pictures from the design phase to now. Looking forward to learning more from everyone on this site as its our first pool to be in charge of. I have time lapse video of the excavation, plumbing, metal work and gunite so far..... I will get these uploaded soon.

Chad

Well... wasn't sure how to attach more then 2 pictures so here is a link to view the pictures..

Dropbox - Pool
    17,500 IG, 18'x34' Free Form, 4'-6' depth, beach entry, 3 bubblers and 13' weeping wall. Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Jandy 2HP Flo Pro VS, Jandy 1.5HP Booster, Polaris 280, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 LED Lights, WetEdge Satin Antiqua, Wood Firepit. Construction Started July 29th 2015. Fill date October 21st 2015. TF-100 kit. Stenner 85MP2 with 15gal tank.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another DFW Pool Build... Mansfield

LOVE the design! That is going to be a fun pool to use and enjoy! Some relaxing and some playing!

What will your finish be?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Kim..... right now we have a Quartzbrite Tahoe Blue is whats in the contract.... but we had originally picked Wet Edge North Sure Tahoe finish... and thinking that we may go back with that.... We have a 7 and 6 year old... and were a little worried about the feel of pebble finish... but really like the way it looks. Here are a few time lapse videos of the process so far.... pretty fun to watch.

Pool Excavation - https://youtu.be/LJMF5B_gAIg
    Pool Plumbing - https://youtu.be/DnvOIZn8Scs
    Pool Steel - https://youtu.be/CWuLBcxmSWA
    Pool Gunite - https://youtu.be/ET7oy4zwA0E
    17,500 IG, 18'x34' Free Form, 4'-6' depth, beach entry, 3 bubblers and 13' weeping wall. Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Jandy 2HP Flo Pro VS, Jandy 1.5HP Booster, Polaris 280, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 LED Lights, WetEdge Satin Antiqua, Wood Firepit. Construction Started July 29th 2015. Fill date October 21st 2015. TF-100 kit. Stenner 85MP2 with 15gal tank.

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome capturing these 3 major events. Looks like they have done a very nice job! Love the design of your pool and IMHO.... Go with mini pebble... If they can walk on Bermuda grass (feels like stickers and goat heads to me) with no shoes then mini pebble is like glass. We love ours.

Free form | 14k gal | 81 pf | 3.5' - 5' - 4' | Dolphin M500 | intelli FLO VS 3 hp | heat pump ultra temp hp 90 | quad 60 DE | ic40 swcg | Aqua blue mini pebble | 5g LED

5. Back To Top    #5

That was neat!

Think long term for your finish. What will last the longest and bring you the most pleasure?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Love the design, what does your tile and coping look like?

7. Back To Top    #7

We are doing Oklahoma flagstone for the coping, and 1x2 glass tile...(Master tile GC82348B2).... hoping the tile isn't to dark.... what do you guys think?

8. Back To Top    #8

LOVE the time lapse videos!!! I am awed by the skill required for the dig.

9. Back To Top    #9

Love the time lapse videos as well. Would you share how you made them (equipment, software, etc)?

Thanks!
    Build thread
    IG Gunite w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, 18K gallons 500sqft
    Jandy: 60 DE filter, 2.0 VS (main pump), 2.0 Flo Pro (features)
    Paramount PV3 w/ 1.5 Stealth, PDA PS6, JXi 400K NG
    Flagstone coping & wall. Stamped Concrete from BrickForm. TF-100 w/Speed Stir.

10. Back To Top    #10

Sure.... I used a GoPro camera and used a clamp mount like this one http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/jaws-fl....html#/start=1

I clamped it to a slightly open window on the second floor. I played around with the settings for time lapse mode on the GoPro... I believe the excavation video i had the camera take a picture every 10 seconds, plumbing and steel i did every 5 seconds and the gunite i think i did 2 seconds.

The GoPro makes it pretty easy really..... just set it and hit record... although shooting for longer then 2-3 hours you will need to have the camera plugged in to a charger... so thats what i did...... I can take some pictures of the setup later if you would like to see.... its nothing to crazy.

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks. I was wondering if that was from a security cam or something else. Forgot all about GoPro. Our dig is in a few weeks so I'll look into it.

No need for me for the photo.
    Build thread
    IG Gunite w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, 18K gallons 500sqft
    Jandy: 60 DE filter, 2.0 VS (main pump), 2.0 Flo Pro (features)
    Paramount PV3 w/ 1.5 Stealth, PDA PS6, JXi 400K NG
    Flagstone coping & wall. Stamped Concrete from BrickForm. TF-100 w/Speed Stir.

12. Back To Top    #12

A few updates..... tile and coping and beam wall started yesterday... they are here again today and should finish up on Monday....

13. Back To Top    #13

Working, working, working! NICE!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP! I think we're lucky you've come along to share your beautiful pool build!!

Wowzer!!! Your glass tile is fabulous!!! All it takes to get my attention is a little bit of glass tile...... I think I saw that tile at MasterTile when I was shopping, and I loved it.

Too dark? Absolutely not - well, that's my opinion. When you've got your water in, it won't stand out as much as it does now. I think it being a medium dark tile will make sure it distinguishes itself from the water - which I also like. Well, to be honest, I like any glass tile even when it blends in with the water. But my thinking is.... if I'm going to upgrade to glass tile, I want to really see it!!! You're not going to believe how gorgeous it is when you add water and sunshine! And sadly, no picture captures the beauty of glass tile. (can you tell I love glass tile?)

The stone work looks fabulous! You guys did a great job with the selections - it is fabulous with your house brick as a backdrop!

What's next?
    Take care,
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

I really enjoyed your photos and the videos! I love your pool plans. That deck is going to be amazing!

Thanks for sharing!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

16. Back To Top    #16

What did you use to make the video? I have gopro shots on the dig and plumbing then the gopro crapped out.

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks Suz..... we wanted the tile to pop out and be a focal point.... not gonna lie... was a little nervous about it... but think its coming together pretty well.... all coping is grouted and done... tile needs to be grouted still and the water feature still needs to be done... They said they will be back on Monday and should finish up. Then we move on to decking.... not sure if they will do the rock for the fire pit Monday or after deck is done? We are doing the sun/cool deck... i forget the base color but it will also have 2 accent colors speckled in. We are hoping to be all done for our sons birthday at the end of September....

Fordracing19,

I have a a GoPro Hero 4 Silver.... i set it to time lapse video and use either 2,5 or 10 second intervals. I have it in the frame case so i can connect the charging cable and have it plugged into an outlet so the battery doesn't die. With it on time lapse video the camera will put it all together for you. If you use the other method where it just takes pictures and you have a few thousand pictures... then you have to use software to stitch them together.... I would guess the GoPro software for the computer would be capable.... i'm not sure though.

Here are few pictures after the workers wrapped up today

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

The stonework on your wall facing is coming along beautifully, and the beach entry is going to be terrific. This pool is going to be a show-stopper. No doubt in my mind.

Have you posted what finish and color ya'll are getting?
    Suz.

19. Back To Top    #19

Suz.... we have a Quartz Brite product in contract.... but still looking to do a pebble..... on the pebble we are looking at Wetedge Satin line.... maybe something like Antiqua, or Northshore Tahoe... would love to do something in the Prism line... but don't think its in the budget... need to make a choice, cause plaster will be here soon..... tough choice.

20. Back To Top    #20

I'm in dfw and just had Antigua put in if you would like to come see it.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast