Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Grout Dark Stain

1. Back To Top    #1

Grout Dark Stain

Some dark spot started to show up on the grout above the water line. Any clue?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Grout Dark Stain

What do your water levels look like? FC, etc? How do you test and treat your pool on a daily, weekly bases?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I test chlorine and ph daily, the rest mosthly weekly

PH - 7.5
    FC - 4
    CC - 0
    CH - 375
    TA - 80
    CYA - 70
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you running the Nature 2 in your signature? It could be metals splashing. It also could be mold or algae if you are not brushing regularly. Last, I would keep the FC higher with a cya of 70. I'd target 7 to 8.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

If you look at this chart you are below the min. FC for your CYA.

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Do you have an pucks? Try rubbing one on the dark spot and see what happens.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I only used the Nature 2 with the initial cartridge for about 3 month. I brush once a week. I have tried spraying regular bleach and brush locally, but not change. I will increase chlorine just in case.