Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installer didn't get the gorilla pad so he bought landscape fabri...Help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Installer didn't get the gorilla pad so he bought landscape fabri...Help!

We are counter-sinking my saltwater 8000 and the armor shield or gorilla pad I thought they were going to install didn't show up. So they bought a insulation type product and some poly. I told them not to install the poly because I read it can retain moisture but I wasn't sure about the landscape fabric. Am I going to be ok with just landscape fabric? Please advise asap...😬. Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installer didn't get the gorilla pad so he bought landscape fabri...Help!

It's Scott pro landscape fabric

3. Back To Top    #3

In my experience, landscape fabric starts to deteriorate after a while, usually a year. I would have them but a high quality tarp at Home Depot or some other home improvement store and use that instead of the fabric. The other option that I would go for is to pause for a moment and order the Gorilla Pad from Amazon. The pad will be at your house by Tuesday.

Here is a thread on just this topic

Landscaping fabric under pool?
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

I can get Happy pad here locally. Would that be good?

5. Back To Top    #5

Also noticed they are using sand to level the base plates 😔

6. Back To Top    #6

Happy pad should work.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, Happy Pad works and is better than landscape fabric IMHO.

If the area is level and they use thin layer of sand and compact it very well, it should be OK.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).