Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Favicon

1. Back To Top    #1

Favicon

Hello,

Since the recent upgrade, the favicon has disappeared. Is it possible to put it back in?

Thanks
    Minh
    Pool Remodeled June 2015. 18K Gallon IG kidney shaped. Pebble Tec (Tahoe Blue) finish. Jandy ePump 2HP. Hayward SwimClear C2025 filter. Hayward SWG. Jandy iAqualink RS6 automation. 6 Deck Jets. Pool Remodel Link Future: Acid automation. Chlorine automation for winter. Solar panels.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Favicon

TFP does currently have the favicon loaded for the site and it displays in FireFox on my side. If I may ask, what browser are you using? Are you on a desktop or mobile device such as a phone or tablet?

3. Back To Top    #3

Leebo -

This is occurring on both my work machine and my home machine. My work machine is running Windows 7, and my home machine is currently running Windows 10. I am using Firefox 39.0. The favicon used to be there, but now it's replaced with the standard forum icon (looks like a white check mark on a blue background). I confirmed that Chrome 44.0.2403.125 on my Windows 10 machine also has the same problem.

What browser (and version) on which platform are you using?

Minh
    Pool Remodeled June 2015. 18K Gallon IG kidney shaped. Pebble Tec (Tahoe Blue) finish. Jandy ePump 2HP. Hayward SwimClear C2025 filter. Hayward SWG. Jandy iAqualink RS6 automation. 6 Deck Jets. Pool Remodel Link Future: Acid automation. Chlorine automation for winter. Solar panels.

4. Back To Top    #4

It is probably buried somewhere in about a gazillion CSS errors and/or deprecations evident on the forum....

5. Back To Top    #5

Chrome on XP stopped showing it too in the last few weeks.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I have them here in Firefox running on Linux OS
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

7. Back To Top    #7

It's actually there and should be loading on browsers. Loaded on the test browser here:

WebPagetest Page Images - Dulles : www.tro...pool.com/forum.php - 08/04/15 04:05:03

Scroll to the bottom, it's call #41.

Although... I seem to recall a custom favicon, this is showing the standard vBulletin native one now.

For those not seeing it, clear your browser cache then do a hard refresh by pressing the F5 key - should force the browser to go out and find this.

8. Back To Top    #8

I think Lee uploaded a new one tonight. I have not gone to a browser to see if it shows up yet.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

For some reason the default vBulletin Favicon replaced the custom one we had up before as diverminh explained. While I'm not sure why this occurred we moved on and created a new Favicon to update the older greenish "T". It should display correctly now. I am also working on finishing up a new "icon" for those who bookmark TFP so it will display an updated logo rather than blank icon that is displayed now.

apple-touch-icon.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this diverminh! I totally missed this.

10. Back To Top    #10

If it is showing up for some and not others, it is a cache problem... in time it will work itself out or if you want to try flushing the cache on machines that don't work.... I think it should start working.....

11. Back To Top    #11

Working for me now on all devices. Just checked my PC laptop.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

Disregard

13. Back To Top    #13

The favicon just showed up on my laptop. Thank you for correcting this.