Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swg for 25500g

1. Back To Top    #1

Swg for 25500g

Hi all,

what swg would you recommend for a 25500 gallon in ground pool? PB likes pent air but reviews look suspect on some sites? He's coming tonight to finalize details. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Swg for 25500g

There are many satisfied people at TFP with Pentair SWG's. If your pool has Pentair automation then it will be a perfect fit for the system. If you don't have automation then the Pentair SWG's can be a little difficult to dial in the output needed to make the right amount of chlorine since it can only be adjusted by 20% increments.

Whatever brand of SWG you decide on make sure it is rated between 40,000 to 60,000 gallons.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Swg for 25500g

If you are not going to have an automation system, I would suggest the AquaRite T-15 (Hayward). It has the output you need for that size pool and you can set the output control in increments of one percent, which is not true of the Pentair. I have one and the T-15 cell lasted 7+ years, making my chlorine cost about $57 per year. The only problems I ever hear of are a resistor that can fail. The part cot $2.50 to replace and takes about a half hour. Mine had to be fixed after ten years of service.

Your pool builder may be using all Pentair equipment. Many builders have a discount arrangement with one manufacturer. My PB used all Hayward, I have since changed out some equip. So I pick and chose. Pentair pump and solar control, Hayward SWG, etc.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit