Hello fellow Austin pool folks

:( I have a sad for you BUT would not want to risk the chip out and possible damage or not matching. HOW can an epoxy destroy the lights? Did he pay you back for the cost of them?

Kim:cat:

Thanks Kim, they are fiber optic lights and the type of epoxy they used apparently was too strong and shattered the strands. They are very thin and fine strands that go to the lights. In the end it is OK, the PB owned it 100% and did not make excuses. We are getting the 3k back so we just used it on a outdoor dining set we were going to buy anyway. It's really not that bad to us in the big scheme of things, we are loving the pool.

Now just need to get the fire pits, and outdoor kitchen finished and we can put the yard together and enjoy!

Your build is beautiful!! Sorry about your lights though :(
Your Lightstreams tile looks gorgeous! I had considered that one but we decided peacock went better with our area than the SBBS you chose. I did love my sample piece!
Your water looks amazing!!

Your build is beautiful!! Sorry about your lights though :(
Your Lightstreams tile looks gorgeous! I had considered that one but we decided peacock went better with our area than the SBBS you chose. I did love my sample piece!
Your water looks amazing!!

Thank you, it's funny peacock was my first choice. I still love that tile, yours looks awesome!, but my wife fell in love with the SBBS. Obviously she won that battle, but I can say that I do love it now that it is installed. We are so happy with the water, I will update some more pics now that it is stabilized. We didn't see any Tropics blue pools in person so I was worried, but for what we wanted it's perfect for us.

- - - Updated - - -

That's unfortunate; but completely agree with leaving it as is. The only way I would consider having them redo is if I was going back with a color that wasn't supposed to match...like sand colored. Still an awesome pool!

Thank you! Yes, I agree a different color would be only way this could work. In the end, the draining of the pool and more crews in the yard(headaches) and lost swim time was not worth it to us. Time to enjoy the swim season!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.