Help Me! Algae Dusting!

Jul 24, 2015
Yellville AR
Ok yall I have been battling algae for some time and and just when I think I have it under control I am at a loss once again... I have shocked over and have finally killed all of my algae. However I now have a brown dusting in the center of my pool (dead algae) that WILL NOT suck into the bag of my vacuum. The algae is such a fine dusting that it blows right through the vacuum bag. Now what? Please help! Im ready to tear the pool down and sell it. It is an intex metal frame above ground pool. 18'x48"

Can you vacuum to waste? Last year (before I got my Pool Blaster max vacuum), I learned that vacuuming to waste was the only way to get rid of fine silt, dead algae, and flocced phosphates. My sand filter couldn't catch it.

This year, I vacuum daily with my pool blaster max (rechargeable) with micro filter bags and it picks up the fine stuff pretty well. Of course I have to approach the debris slowly so as not to stir it up.

Ok yall I have been battling algae for some time and and just when I think I have it under control I am at a loss once again... I have shocked over and have finally killed all of my algae. However I now have a brown dusting in the center of my pool (dead algae) that WILL NOT suck into the bag of my vacuum. The algae is such a fine dusting that it blows right through the vacuum bag. Now what? Please help! Im ready to tear the pool down and sell it. It is an intex metal frame above ground pool. 18'x48"
Welcome.

How did you determine that all the algae was killed? That could be live algae.

As as mentioned, vacuum to waste to get as much out as you can.

Read up on how to do a SLAM, you will find the procedure in Pool School under "how to".

How have you been chlorinating your pool & how do you test your water?

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.