Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liner replacement advice

1. Back To Top    #1

liner replacement advice

just patched a tear in the corner at the waterline of a 12 yr old in ground liner. sure i'll have to replace soon. this is our second time replacing the liner. advice welcome.
    33,000 gallon, IG vinyl, Nautilus FNS PacFab DE filter (7, 12 in grids and 1 partial), 1HP Hayward Super Pump Mod#SP2607X10, 3\4HP Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump, Well Water, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: liner replacement advice

Not sure what kind of advice you are looking for but I had my liner replaced a couple of months ago and one thing I would try to do is have the liner taken down one day and installed the next. This would give me time to address the rust spots on the steel walls. I don't know if they would do that as it seems that they rather do it all in one day, but it never hurts to ask, specially before signing the contract
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

We just had our liner replaced, we had the steps made using the non-slip vinyl. If you have in pool steps covered with vinyl that is the way to go. We had all the drain covers, returns, skimmer faceplates, and light ring trim changed out also, so glad we did.
    18' x 38' 20,500 gallon vinyl IGP, 3.5 - 7' depth, Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    2hp Whisperflo high performance pump, 1.1hp boost-rite pump for the cleaner,
    250k BTU MasterTemp heater, LetroLegend pool cleaner, Hayward TurboCell GLX-CELL-15 chlorine generator
    Speedstir, K-1776, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I forgot to mention that I have a large oak tree growing close to the pool with finger sized roots visible beneath the liner on a side wall. I would really like to leave the roots alone as this tree is already stressed with the heat we are experiencing now, anthracnose, and striped oak worms that will be visiting in August. I'm sure no one will want to install a liner without removing these roots.
    33,000 gallon, IG vinyl, Nautilus FNS PacFab DE filter (7, 12 in grids and 1 partial), 1HP Hayward Super Pump Mod#SP2607X10, 3\4HP Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump, Well Water, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the advice on the walls and steps!