Need to SLAM, just ordered testing kit.

I tried to will myself out of bed last night to keep testing but I just couldn't.

6 am
FC 8.5
Added 80 oz bleach

Ha! And I don't see bleach bottles today!!! I still would love to see that vegetation out of the pool. Snip-snip!

☺️ the husband is doing it today! Have I mentioned I hate Sagos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are doing an awesome job! You know we are going to want pics of the hubby taking that big boy out and trying to not fall in the water!

Take everything out of the pool you can. Do you have a light in the pool? If so you will need to take it out also. There have been a number of pools that had their SLAMs stall due to not taking the lights out.

Kim

8 am
FC 15

9 am
FC 16

10 am
FC 16.5

Have no idea how those are going up as we haven't added any bleach. I'm perplexed.

Went grocery shopping and left the hubby scrubbing the water feature and trimming the sago. He used approximately 16 oz bleach on the rocks.

11 am
FC 13

We have two light fixtures. I told him we need to clean behind them. He's currently working on the Polaris trying to get it to quit tipping over.

Oh, we are having someone come and pull it out - there's no way we can get it out on our own. I mean seriously - look at the horror in the middle. FEED ME, MEGSY.

Plus, at least some of the crepes need to come out. Can't keep up with the flower droppings.

Someone may come dig it up if you will give them that for doing so. It is worth a try to maybe keep from having to pay some one.

That is a good call to get help with it. Those roots a HARD to dig up.

Yummmmmmmm what will you be feeding him???????? LOL

Kim

Anyone have any idea on how my FC going up if I'm not adding anything? Sun is shining directly on pool so I did an early test to make sure we hadn't dropped below SLAM level and it's at 13. Quite confused and just concerned I'm missing something.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I took a nap and the FC is now at 8. Added bleach to get back to SLAM level.

We had fun with a pumice stone while in the water. Or three of them rather - getting some stains off tile and the stairs. And the pool is so, so cloudy.

Totally trust that you will! The cloudiness seems to be from the pumice. The water was getting cloudy (and gritty) as we were scrubbing. Was thinking that the Polaris would pick up the mess, but - ugh - the backup valve is constantly going ahead of the machine and it falls over on its side and move in circles. Need to get it looked at I suppose.

I'm not sure how to set up the manual vac and my husband is at work. Rats.

Lets see if I can walk you through the manual vac.............
-pump on high if you have two speeds
-basket out of skimmer
-bottom drain valve closed
-vac in pool with hose attached
-feed hose down into the water so that it is filling with water. When you get to the end keep it under the water.
-take end over to the skimmer and put it into the hole of the skimmer (some use a skimmer plate but I have not had good luck with one)

You should be able to vacuum now.

I find it easier to vacuum while I am in the pool!

Let me know if this helps!

Kim

-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.