Yay, Foreclosure Pool!!!

Gauge-the black needle should be what the pressure is when the pump it on. It should sit on 0 when the pump is off. This is the one to watch as it will tell you what your current pressure is.

Green needle-I THINK you can move it to "mark" where YOUR filter's clean pressure sits.

red needle-That should also be able to be moved by you. It can/should be on where you need to backwash/bump/clean your filter.

Bubbling- is there a return (where the water returns to the pool from the filter) right there? I THINK there is and it looks like it is pointed up and that is what is causing the rolling water. This will push your PH up.

Kim

Looks to me like the bubbles are coming out of the return. If that is true then you are sucking in air from somewhere before the pump or you still have air trapped in your filter that is slowly coming out. Have you bleed out the air from the top of your filter? Do you see an air pocket in the basket on the pump?

Did you ever get your skimmer fixed? From the pics earlier in your thread it looks like it is broken in on the top. This might be where you are getting air into your system and why you are getting bubbles out of the return jet(s).

I think you're were right. There was air trapped from when I tried to vacuum. I see an air pocket inside of the pump's filter. Is that supposed to be completely filled with water (I'll take a video here in a few minutes)?

I've found that if I turn the pump on, let it run for a few secs, then turn it off and repeat that a good eight to 10 times, the pump's filter will fill up with water.

The skimmer is not fixed. It looked like it'd be pricey, so I used fiberglass mesh and epoxy to cover any major cracks... Does anyone have a diagram on hand that explains why a crack in the opening to the skimmer can let air in or be bad news?

Here are new pics! I can see more of the bottom to vacuum now!

a3e931a302e4b22754de9e026668c1b2.jpg
12b01a920be946bfdad0094184a1e5f9.jpg
eeac5439857c6fa37c368dc41a61a527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I just backwashed and my pressure gauge is showing this:
86561a7e9a3df46f72c96fad8631321a.jpg

Any ideas on what's causing the high pressure? I ran out of DE earlier. Could that be it?

Also, do I bleed the pressure while the pump is running or do I turn it off first? Thanks!!!

You can't run a DE filter without DE. Your 'socks' will get clogged and the pressure will go up.

- - - Updated - - -

With my filter, there is a relief valve on top that I use to purge air from the system. Unfortunately, air in the part of the pump where you have air, usually means a suction side leak. But I think you might suspect that already.

The pump does NOT sound happy :(

Have you cleaned your filter's insides? I am guessing that with all of the stuff you have vacuumed up it needs it.

Have you opened that pump basket to clean it?

Those two things would be my first order of business.

I am not sure about the skimmer basket enough to say anything about it.

That water looks AWESOME!

I like your "helper" just make sure he does not goose you and cause you to fall in! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the red lever on top of the gauge is air relief. Turn on the pump, turn the red lever on top of the gauge all the way to the other side. It will spew air out. When the water starts to run constant out of the relief, then close the lever.

How do I get air out?

- - - Updated - - -

Normal is a relative term. Depends on what a person is used to hearing.

I have a couple of friends with that same Hayward pump. Its ancient pump technology, ..... and your pump sounds the same as theirs, noisy and rattly, so even though it doesnt sound good, I would not go so far as to say it was abnormal for that particular pump.

Does this sound normal to you all?
https://vimeo.com/138003491

You can't run a DE filter without DE. Your 'socks' will get clogged and the pressure will go up.

- - - Updated - - -

With my filter, there is a relief valve on top that I use to purge air from the system. Unfortunately, air in the part of the pump where you have air, usually means a suction side leak. But I think you might suspect that already.

I don't know a lot about de filters but I just wanted to make sure that the first part of this post didn't get lost in the mix.
Don't forget to get some de back in that filter!

Hi!

So I just added DE & now I've got some white stuff flowing through my pool... I'm worried my new filters are busted again. ::forehead smack::

Tomorrow I'm planning on cleaning the filter by myself for the first time ever to check it out. I'm also going to vacuum.

Is there an order that I'm supposed to follow? What's your routine when you clean your pool?

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.