Yay, Foreclosure Pool!!!

Goofy. Our weekend project is installing a new heater. The old one didn't have a shut-off/bypass so we are installing one. I am tickled that I will be able to bypass the heater. Always drove me nuts that I was constantly circulating through it. Now, I can just let it circulate once or twice a week to freshen the water lines. Yay!

Do you know anyone that's good with PVC so you could install some valves?

Well until you can install some valves you can shut off the water with carrot of potato cut down to size in the skimmer and return BUT if you have a main drain...........it will be harder to do. I guess you could try to take the top off the pump basket and put something in there to stop the flow of water. I will have to think on this one some more.

Kim

Oh and I would try to vacuum up that dead algae.

A tennis ball will not fit in the return. It will fit in the skimmer. I am still trying to think of something she can put in the pump basket as it will have to be able to withstand the push of the water coming out of the pool if she has a main drain.

Of course them make "real" things for the return but I hate to have her buy them just until she gets valves put on. The valves will solve all of this.

Kim

I really don't know anyone that's good with PVC. Except my dad. He can do anything [emoji16] He's in FL though... And honestly, I really don't think we can spend any more money on this pool unless it's a necessity. Can we get by without those valves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality PVC Sch40 Valves

Here are some valves to show you what they look like. Notice that down the page some there are some that also included a union so that you can disconnect the pipe if you need to work on the filter or pump.

You can get by without them BUT it will be harder. You will have to find a way to stop the water from coming out of the pool. Right now I am stumped with how to stop it from coming out of your main drain. Now if we know for sure you did not have one.................I have that covered with the tennis ball and carrot (better the real stopper though) LOL

We could walk you through adding the valves and unions if/when you are ready to do it. Just let us know. We will help you any way we can.

Kim

I am so dense right now. Why do we want to stop water from coming out of the main drain?

SO call me the dense one................I just looked and reread and thought and thought and thought about your pool while I was washing breakfast dishes............When you had the filter open and had the lid off the basket before the pump how were you able to keep the water from rushing out from the pool? There should have been water gushing out of the filter when you had the top off............

The reason I was trying to think of a way to close the main drain was so you could open up your filter and pump basket to work on it without the water from the pool rushing out..............well you seem to have found a way to do it.

So fill us in on how you are able to stop the flow of water from the pool.

Kim (If I had been paying attention I would have noticed that you had already found a way to stop the water doh!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bob is very right in that I was applying what I have to do to work on my equipment. I never thought it through for an inground pool-equipment above the water/pool=no problems with the water coming gushing out!

No need for valves in this case! Oh happy day! Save much money and trouble!

Kim

Well, well, well that is an awesome thing! See even old teachers can learn a new thing!

IF I had thought it through I might have figured it out in time LOL. Thanks for spoon feeding me!

That sure does make life much easier!

So how is the water looking today?

Kim

It looks the same as yesterday. Clear blue! Well, with a carpet of dead leaves and algae.

We had family events today, but I am chomping at the bit to vacuum tomorrow. Yesterday, I could only vacuum about 6 minutes before I had to stop everything and clean the pot!!! Each time, that thing was completely FULL!

I'll be sure to take pics tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.