And here we go...!

Home today so got to pull a test @ noon-ish. Added ~50oz Bleach last night... here's the results.

FC= 6.5
CC= 0
TA= 60
pH= 7.3

Going to target that TA to get up a bit by adding 80oz Baking Soda and check in a bit.

Also bonus - got the fountain on! Aeration is a plus!

Since were staying here now, I can pull a OCLT as mentioned before. Will shoot to get that going tonight.

sounds like a plan, I just think you should wait to see how your pool reacts with the current TA and the fountain. you might find you have to drive your pH down and would have wished you didn't increase your TA (which causes your pH to rise faster). if the pH isn't coming up after a couple of days with the fountain, then you should raise your TA.

Scary to dump 1.5gallons of 12.5% chlorine in a pool... but so be it.

Letting it cycle a bit and getting ready for a OCLT tonight. I'll take a test in about an hour, then tonight an hour or so after dusk. Then, I'll take one bright and early before the sun comes up.

It's kind of exciting, almost.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea - didn't have time to get down to the cheaper place so I figured I'd hit the local pool store to see what they had anyway. MAN is all their stuff expensive. That said, 2 gallons of the 12.5% for $10 wasn't SO bad, considering it was 2 minutes from the house and I had to be back in time. Lesson learned.

Pool is sitting at TC = 21.5 right now @ 7pm. Just turned off the pump for the night as well - not sure if that makes a difference.

I'll hit another test once it's dark out tonight and get another in the AM for the OCLT.

Excited to see what's going on under the hood.

PUMPS ARE ON !

I don't know -- I was just trying to cycle it I guess? Clearly I need to read up more on things, I've been flying on blind faith of random TFP'ers and following guidance accordingly. So far, so good.

Killed the timer buttons and letting the pump do its thing. Fountain is on full blast too for added aeration -- unless that's uncalled for during a SLAM...

Would this be considered a SUMMER SLAM At this point?

LOOK MA, IM SLAMM'ING!!

ALLRIGHT - The sun has gone down and the moon has come up.

9:30pm FC Reading = 18.5

Took it twice to confirm. Down from the 21.5 earlier in the day about an hour or so after the initial blast of chlorine.

Excited for what the AM testing brings. Kind of.

5:10am -- feeling foggy, rather groggy.

And the results are in !

9:30pm FC Reading 1 = 18.5
9:30pm FC Reading 2= 18.5
5:10am FC Reading 1= 18
5:10am FC Reading 2= 19

Ran each test twice for the sake of baseline accuracy. Going to assume the error in the 5am testing was from me either miscounting, not getting an exact enough 10ml sample, or something along those lines -- averaged between the two and I see zero FC loss.

I'll shut the waterfall now and let it just be a running eye.

I suppose this is good news - should I be thinking my massive chlorine consumption is coming from the immense amount of sunlight this pool gets? I'll let it run all day and get a test again when I get home after work. Man, gonna neew some R-0870 and 0871 refills sooner than imagined, but thats okay. I feel like I'm getting a hold on my pool a bit here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.