Algae Cleared Up Now Another Problem

I used the SLAM method to shock my pool and kill algae and it was crystal clear yesterday when I got home. I checked it again this morning before I left and it was still clear. Well the water level in the pool was low so I plugged up a sump pump that I use to pump water from a nearby creek into the pool. I had someone that was supposed to cut it off for me when the water level got high enough. Well while I was gone we got an unexpected storm and the creek got fairly murky now my pool is green again. When I checked the FC when I got home it was still at shock level so that makes me think its not algae, but I'm definitely no expert. Assuming its not algae will the filter and maintaining shock levels take care of it or will I need to drain? Any advice is much appreciated.

Should I leave the pump on or will I need to keep it off so that the sediment will settle?

I'd leave it on a while so you can check FC levels before bed and allow time for it to mix before shutting it down overnight. You run the risk of clogging the filter and you won't be there to watch it. Ideally, you'll get to vacuum before leaving for work and can backwash and leave it run at shock level again.

Should I vacuum to waste or filter?
Your choice. If the water level is now super high, waste might be nice. But if you end up having to add more water again, you'll just be diluting things even more which means more rebalancing.

Some of us don't have a mnultiport, so we always vacuum to filter. You already know a backwash is in your future after this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.