Hi, I'm new to this forum....
I had what I thought was algae (dark spots on bottom that created a puff of green water when brushed) so I did the following: half quart algaecide 60, run filter 1 hour, 1 bag shock, run filter 5 hours, off 5 hours, vacuum to waste. Repeat. Then, Added 4 oz of clear blue clarifier. The next day I put a sock in the filter and it turned green still. Pool store thought maybe it was a copper problem so I put in 20oz of natural chemistry copper out. Ran pool for about 18 hours. Today the water is cloudy, when I look in the skimmer, there is algae growing, the window on top of the pump has algae growing. I just back washed hoping to clear it. The water coming out looked clear. So my question is: why is there still algae after being shocked twice and what should I do?
I have a 21ft round above ground pool with a sand filter. When I had my water tested yesterday prior to the metal free, my water tested:
I do have a few pine trees in my yard (pool stores have asked)
I am desperate at this point! Thank you!