Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool math?

1. Back To Top    #1

pool math?

The fc, ph etc. target goals are "not set up" in my pool math.
    Everything was fine earlier this year so how can I reset and save them?
    12,500 gal. AG---extruded alum. with 1hp Hayward EC-50, D.E. filter ( both 30 yrs. old)--Taylor TF-100---well water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool math?

Humm. Well, not sure if this is a computer cookie or cache retention issue, maybe one of the Admin folks will confirm. But I was in Poolmath last night/this morning as well. Depending upon how long ago I was in the calculator, or which computer I am using at the time, I may have to re-enter my NOW and TARGET goals, as well as my pool volume size. Not so sure it is able to save your parameters for such a ling time.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah it looks like it is cookie based, I assume the server switch may have affected it. By entering the info again, it should save it.

4. Back To Top    #4

ok, so I just deleted all values to "0" and rebooted. I then input the current info and target. Still showing "not set up". Apparently it is a computer issue that I need to correct right?
    12,500 gal. AG---extruded alum. with 1hp Hayward EC-50, D.E. filter ( both 30 yrs. old)--Taylor TF-100---well water

5. Back To Top    #5

Seems to be storing the numbers for me, but I have not used the pool math much at all, so I am not sure on it's full functionality.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

My experience with PoolMath is that it will default back to most settings you input. Not specifically to "save" them but just as a default. Gallons is the only one I really need because of the way I use it and the last value entered in gallons seems to be there next time.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

'Not set up' refers to the setting near the bottom of the pool math page.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Those always have stored what I entered, for all three values. But if it is like you go to the page for the first time, all the items will say Not Set Up.

9. Back To Top    #9

got it! I needed to input the my info at the bottom of the page (suggested goal levels). Thank you pabeader and others.

10. Back To Top    #10

Awesome, glad to hear it's sorted.

11. Back To Top    #11

You might be able to save the page to your hard drive and have it retain your info better.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach