Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pvc pool cooler/sprayer/waterfall, do we need to worry about algae?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pvc pool cooler/sprayer/waterfall, do we need to worry about algae?

If you have one of those DIY pvc sprayers and rarely use it, could it be a spot for algae to grow?
    Michigan - 24'x54" AG, approx 15,000g, 2 center drains, Cartridge filter, Aqua Pro 2hp, 2 speed pump 3.5a@1725w / 10.5a@3450w, AquaCal TropiCal T90 heat pump, Hayward Salt & Swim SWG, Poolskim, Aquabot Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pvc pool cooler/sprayer/waterfall, do we need to worry about algae?

I forgot to open my bottom drain valve one time after putting my cleaner in. Within a week I noticed my pool had lost some sparkle. I did not pass a OCLT. What was going on???????????

As soon as I realized the bottom drain was not open I figured out that there was water just sitting in the drain and pipe that was getting nasty! I was about to have an algae bloom!

I opened the valve and used my turkey baster to shoot some chlorine down into it!

I SLAMed for 3 days just be on the safe side. No more problems.

All of that to say that yes anything that is sitting with water in it not moving can cause problems.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit