10 Day Old IC-40 Just Went Dark

Thanks and good to know. Mine have always done just fine horizontal. Out of curiosity, is there some kind of reason why Pentair wasted ink saying, "Install SWC vertically for best performance" in the manual? Maybe to give themselves an out on warranty claims? I hope not.
I always assumed it was a CYA legally to ensure the flow switch will fall down and stop production when flow stops….just my theory.
Here's another thing I changed this morning. I kicked this new OEM o-ring to the curb. It is one of the new ones Pentair sent me with my replacement SWG. It looks like it may be the wrong size? That would be a funny trick to play on a customer. Don't know, don't care, all's well now.
I’ve seen a few like that, didn’t like it but snuggled it into the groove and it sealed. Perhaps dumb luck.

Reactions: Brushman
Yes the side that's leaking is the side nearest the heater, I'll take a step back picture to give a better view of the plumbing. The heater was installed two years after the pool went in which explains its elevated position. There wasn't enough room on the ground floor.
Only reason I asked was because I was mistaken and thought the cell was immediately adjacent to the heater output. Was speculating that may have been a source of a potential leak, but your pictures cleared it up and my concerns are/were unfounded.

Reactions: Brushman
Only reason I asked was because I was mistaken and thought the cell was immediately adjacent to the heater output. Was speculating that may have been a source of a potential leak, but your pictures cleared it up and my concerns are/were unfounded.
Appreciate it LP, and your theory on why they’d urge vertical installation makes sense too.