1 Year BullFrog A7 owner - looking for help

Jmcgurren

Dec 4, 2023
New Hampshiree
Hello,
I’m Jeff, from New Hampshire. We’ve owned an A7 for a year now and it’s been a bumpy ride trying to figure out why maintenance has been such a problem. Constantly having issues with mold, cloudy water, low CL, etc while using the frog ease cartridge system for BullFrog spas.
I have recently been shocking the tub weekly with spa shock oxidizer but I am noticing it’s pretty harsh on the skin. It seems to be the only thing that brings the water back to clear. That being said, my water having low CL while using the frog ease system is the problem to being with. I bought chlorine to manually add which I have been doing weekly (2-4 teaspoons) in addition to the frog ease cartridges.

The main issue I am noticing is these black flakes that come out of the jets. Even when the spa is clear it happens and I am assuming it is build up that is a result of the water issues I’ve had in the past.

I just bought MPS after I found another thread on here where a member stated the following and there is no mention of using chlorine:

You MUST use MPS on a consistent basis. The water is then nothing but crystal clear perfection provided you are maintaining ph, alkalinity, and calcium. I am adding 1-2 tbsp about 2-3 times a week. We have 3 active young teenage boys, no showering before use. I NEVER use clarifier or defoamer. I rinse filters monthly. Works awesome. I have owned a hot tub since 2003 and this is hands down the easiest system.

If I start using MPS, does that mean no chlorine use? Seems unlikely or maybe the user forgot to mention chlorine.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum.

Please use your existing thread in the Spas forum for discussion around your issue. This is an Introduction sub forum.