Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
The title pretty much says it all. Lol. I am going to connect a new filter. All my plumbing is 1-1/2” . However the “out” on my pump too has 2” opening and the “In” one on my new cartridge filter (Hayward C4030) has a 2” opening. Can I run 2” pvc from pump to filter even though all else is 1-1/2”? Or should I use a 2” to 1-1/2” reducer to run 1-1/2” from pump to filter to match rest of system ? Does it matter ?

Thanks
Rich

Thanks ! Appreciate the help. One more question.

With my existing filter, when I originally screwed the fitting to to the top of the pump, I constantly had a small leak. Tried pipe tape, then used T plus 2 thread sealant. Tried many times but always a small leak. Pool company stopped by and put a new fitting in and no leak. Ugh. Maybe I cross threaded it trying so many times.

Now I will be putting a new fitting in to plumb new filter. What can I do to insure there is no leak when I thread the new fitting into the top of the pump.?? Not sure what pool guy used. I definitely don’t want to have to call him again. Lol.

Pictures are of old filter. New filter not arrived yet. But it will have in and out in front and has a 2” fitting to screw into filter. Can I not remove exiting hose from pump and just bend it (upside down U shape and connect to front of new pump with screw clamps?

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• IMG_6708.jpeg
    IMG_6708.jpeg
    654.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6709.jpeg
    IMG_6709.jpeg
    531.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.