Zodiac MX6 or Poolvergnuegen The Pool Cleaner for small pool?

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Good morning.

After my first pathetic attempt to use the manual pool vacuum supplied to us by the pool company which ultimately resulted in me getting an impromptu swimming lesson, I have been given permission to purchase an automatic pool cleaner. My first choice of the Dolphin Solo in Pinch a penny up the street from me has been shot down for the same reason as I drive a plug in Ford Cmax and not a Tesla. So, on the other end of the scale I've narrowed my choice down to a Zodiac MX6 ($285 Amazon) or The Pool Cleaner for about $100 more. It might be worth noting that we have a pool cage and there is no chance of leaves in our pool, although I do expect some sand because we haven't sealed our deck yet.

What do the masses say? Should I save the $100 and go for the cheaper Zodiac, go for the pool cleaner with the higher reviews, or just grab the Dolphin Solo and face the music afterwards?

I said this in another thread and for you its actually perfect. You can get the Smartpool robotic cleaner on Amazon used for 246 or under 200 from amazon warehouse because they are offering 20% off. This is a great cleaner. If you get it from the warehouse there is a 30 day return policy. Smartpool just discontinued their cleaners which is why you can get them cheap now, but there are plenty of parts on Ebay and the parts are cheap. The only issue is will it get stuck on your main drains. If you have flat drains no problem. Raised drains could be a problem, but it would be a problem for the Dolphin solo as well and IMHO with the dual motor drive and best in class swivel, this machine is better. Any robot is most certainly going to be better than a suction cleaner and you won't be cleaning your filter constantly.

I said this in another thread and for you its actually perfect. You can get the Smartpool robotic cleaner on Amazon used for 246 or under 200 from amazon warehouse because they are offering 20% off. This is a great cleaner. If you get it from the warehouse there is a 30 day return policy. Smartpool just discontinued their cleaners which is why you can get them cheap now, but there are plenty of parts on Ebay and the parts are cheap. The only issue is will it get stuck on your main drains. If you have flat drains no problem. Raised drains could be a problem, but it would be a problem for the Dolphin solo as well and IMHO with the dual motor drive and best in class swivel, this machine is better. Any robot is most certainly going to be better than a suction cleaner and you won't be cleaning your filter constantly.

I couldn't find that one on Amazon. There were a couple of non-working ones and one second hand one on ebay...

I bought the one on Amazon warehouse. I should have it by the end of the week. I will use this thread to post a picture when it arrives. That's for the link robl45

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a good looking robot The green looks well. I might have to bring it out when I'm waxing the car and give it the Meguiars treatment!

So far it's been pulling a lot of salt looking stuff into it's green bag which is quite easy to empty, rinse out with the hose and hang up to dry before I store it back into the robot. I also wash out the bag holder. I can't leave the robot alone when it's on the 3 hour wall climber cycle because it will find it's way up onto the splash deck and either sit there or sump itself on the bubbler. I've decided, if I can't watch it I will use the one hour cycle and let it just do the bottom of the pool. I can brush the walls myself.

I have to be real careful with it as I don't know the availability of spare parts. But for $200 (and it looked like it was never used), I couldn't go wrong.

No, not at all. Does yours get stuck there? I have two drains (newer pool construction) and right now, I am running the pump at 1,000 rpm with the skimmer on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.