Zodiac caretaker99 parts?

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I sprung a leak and need to redo some plumbing. I need to replace the 2” capped tee/union assembly that came with the 8 port caretaker99 system.
I can’t find this part online anywhere, does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Honestly not even sure what this capped union is used for - but wanted to replace it all like how it was originally installed.

if anyone can let me know where to buy it and also what it’s used for that would be perfect :)

From an old thread....

Zodiac's general #800/822-7933 X tech support (Pacific time zone). if your original owner and system was installed after summer 1993, you should check their website for warranty information before you call.

@proavia ideas?

Can you post a pic of this part and its location in your plumbing?

As Allen @ajw22 mentioned - if you are the original owner and the Caretaker system was installed after summer of 1993, check on the warranty info first.

I’ll take a picture tomorrow. I am not the original owner. It is from the original installation that was done about 10 years ago when the pool was built I was not the owner then. I am now :)

Can we see a wider shot? Are there any capped pipes of the same size in the equipment pad?

That looks like a standard tee, with a short length of pipe and then a union. And it looks like it's not needed.

Fill out your signature listing all your equipment and basics about your pool. See my signature and Allen's above for examples.

My signature does have everything I know of.
it’s part6 from the manual. And it says not sold separately. Still not sure what it’s used for to begin with.

Attachments

• 81FFA2E0-3860-4474-BFB1-AE37D48A18CA.jpeg
    81FFA2E0-3860-4474-BFB1-AE37D48A18CA.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 9E7378B9-BEE3-45BD-B8DB-140977C172D2.jpeg
    9E7378B9-BEE3-45BD-B8DB-140977C172D2.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 3
Maybe a wider picture of your setup would help......

I would call the number that Allen @ajw22 posted above and ask Zodiac what the function of that part is. If there is nothing inside you upper section of the union, you can easily assemble something similar using a tee, union, cap and 2 short sections of pipe. Or maybe leave that contraption out all together. But call Zodiac first.....

The tee/union assembly is installed into the valve supply line to facilitate clearing lines at startup and when winterizing.

You probably don't need it, but if you want to have the tee/union, you can use a regular T and any union.

You need 2 unions to have 1 capped and one to use for winterizing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a wider picture
This is the return to pool plumbing portion, which also includes a 3 way valve (in the front) that bypasses the caretakerto a water feature.
This 3 way valve is what cracked and needs to be replaced. The way it was plumbed there is no room for repairs. I need to replace the entire line.

There is another 3 way valve (Manual valve) in the back which bypasses top water jets in the pool. But this one is fine.

Attachments

• 2447A8F1-B2B3-42E1-8530-60B274342A6C.jpeg
    2447A8F1-B2B3-42E1-8530-60B274342A6C.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
How did the valve crack?

I guess old age. I don’t know for sure. Maybe due to years of strong UV exposure.

It cracked where one of the screws goes into the body. No one touched it and it cracked out of nowhere. It’s original from when the pool was built about 10 or so years ago.

I tried using plastic jbweld and it’s still leaking.

It cracked where one of the screws goes into the body. No one touched it and it cracked out of nowhere.
The valve does not come with the actuator. The actuator is added on using (4) longer screws. If the actuator is a different brand than the valve, the screws don't exactly match and the screws can damage the plastic threads.

Even if the screws are correct, it's important to get the screw into the original threads without cross-threading the screw.

To do this, rotate the screw slowly backwards until you feel it drop into the original threads and then go forward (clockwise).

Is the crack where the actuator screw mounts are installed??

They ara all Hayward GVA24 actuators. I am not sure of the valve brand there. It’s been there since before I owned it.
I always use pentair valves.

Yes it’s cracked at the front right screw that also holds down the actuator. It’s like a hairline crack but it started squirting out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.