Zero Amps, Ghost in the Machine

rcm1231

In The Industry
Aug 31, 2020
Birmingham, Alabama
We are a residential design build firm who often works with and around pools in Alabama. We have a project with an Aqua Rite Salt Pool. The owner has had lightning strikes in the past which create similar symptoms. However no lightening strikes this time. No burn areas on board.

Here is the lowdown - new blue works main board, new Hayward pcb, and new Hayward generator. Readings: no salt reading, 80 degree pool temp, 27.3 volts, 0.00 amps, 100%, 0000 instant salt reading, AL-0, r016, T-15, E000, --EE. Have green power lite and green generating sanitizer lite.

We have tried everything to ascertain why there is 0 amps??

Thanks

For AquaRite, move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.

Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.

Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

Report all readings.

What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?

What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?

What is the T-cell size?

Is the T-cell size set correctly in settings?

To get the performance percentage of the cell, divide the instant salinity reading by the actual salinity reading.

You need to be really sure about the actual salinity reading.

You need to use a K-1766 salt test kit or a calibrated meter.

The voltage while not generating is usually about 30 to 31 volts.

The voltage will drop by about 1 volt per amp of current.

Assuming a 3 to 4 volt drop, that implies a 3 to 4 amp current.

Maybe the current is not being measured due to a defective sensor on the board?

Something is off, but it's hard to tell with the generic equipment.

I was going to say that as well. While I'm sure the Hayward display board will somewhat work with the generic main board, I'm not 100% convinced that the two boards would be fully compatible with one another. Guess we will have to wait for the OP to respond.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.