Yet another, Test Kits in Canada Thread

Just took delivery of the TF-100 kit via CrossBorderPickups. $188.78 CAD to TroubleFree, $35.59 CAD to CrossBorder Pickups to cover H.S.T. , customs clearance & their fee.
Any issue with it clearing customs because it's chems? I am wondering about this vs having it shipped to someone in the US and them forwarding to me. $188+$35? Was it the refill kit or other stuff added? Price seems a little high for just reagents.

Any issue with it clearing customs because it's chems? I am wondering about this vs having it shipped to someone in the US and them forwarding to me. $188+$35? Was it the refill kit or other stuff added? Price seems a little high for just reagents.
Amazon has a K-2006 for $157 CAD. That has to be cheaper than any shipping options right now, isn't it?

Amazon has a K-2006 for $157 CAD. That has to be cheaper than any shipping options right now, isn't it?
Be sure to add additional FAS-DPD reagents and CYA reagents. The small K2006 has too little of those items.
That's why I like ordering reagents from TFTest kits. I get more of what I need!
There are a couple of companies offering shipping to Niagara Falls, then they bring them over the border and take care of taxes/duties. Fees seem reasonable. I am trying one of them. Will let you know how it works out. 🤞

It’s a bit pricy but each trip to the pool store is $250. It will keep you out of the pool store 20 (?) times over 2 years. It really doesn’t matter what it costs...... it’s worth it. And then some. :)

It’s a bit pricy but each trip to the pool store is $250. It will keep you out of the pool store 20 (?) times over 2 years. It really doesn’t matter what it costs...... it’s worth it. And then some. :)
Oh for sure. Not denying how badly pool stores rip people off. Just trying to be even more cheap and follow TFP methods without the expensive test kit, lol.

It was my first year last season, and I found a pool store that would do the cya dot test with me watching, so I just used that reading all season. I also didn't have any algae issues, so no need to slam, so I didn't specifically need an FAS-DPD test. I just used a regular OTO test.

I think I'll break down this year and do it.

Reactions: Newdude
Oh for sure. Not denying how badly pool stores rip people off. Just trying to be even more cheap and follow TFP methods without the expensive test kit, lol.

It was my first year last season, and I found a pool store that would do the cya dot test with me watching, so I just used that reading all season. I also didn't have any algae issues, so no need to slam, so I didn't specifically need an FAS-DPD test. I just used a regular OTO test.

I think I'll break down this year and do it.
My pool store is not doing water tests due to lockdown. I can't imagine not having a proper test kit!

Did you guys see how @MostlyCanuck did it ? It might be good for y’all too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After read several posts and I found out this company Pool Supply Haus - Pool Equipment and Chemical Supply Online (by Ottawa Pool Works) have the Talyor K2006 for sale at $148.35 and they can ship within Canada. If you are in Ottawa, you can pickup, the shipping fee to southwest Ontario is very reasonable for less than $14, they also supply reagents too. The customer service is very helpful and answer questions very promptly. They called me right after I placed the order and apologized that they have to ship at Monday not the weekend (I ordered today Friday, and the shipping shows it's 2 day shipping). I am very happy for the service so far, now just waiting for the kits arrive next week and try out.

They have 10% off code on their Facebook right now: MAYOPEN10P

I hope this information will save fellow Canadian members same hassle to order from States.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Just took delivery of the TF-100 kit via CrossBorderPickups. $188.78 CAD to TroubleFree, $35.59 CAD to CrossBorder Pickups to cover H.S.T. , customs clearance & their fee.

I’m entirely new to this world, our pool was just installed this past month. I also used cross border pickups and it’s currently at their location. May I ask what you labelled the description as? I’m nervous to pick chemicals because of all I have read on here so far. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.