Yellow well water?

Liquid chlorine At 12% concentration you can buy at the pool store or typically clorox bleach or store brand liquid bleach can be purchased at walmart sams club lowes home depot the local grocery store at 8.25 or 6% concentration you will need to compare prices to see which is the better value around you. Meanwhile read the shocking process get liquid bleach and then feel free to ask more questions :party:

Yesterday

Today it is still green but it is a nicer shade

What the homemade filter has gotten so far

I added 3 cups of 8.25% bleach and that's it. I have been reading the pool school stuff and honestly feel like it is written in Chinese. Like I said before the only tester I have are the colored aquachem 6 way test strips which I guess you go off of a range of levels so here are my ranges

Total Hardness - 100
Total Chlorine - 0
Free Chlorine - 0
Bromine -0
PH- 6.8-7.2 but closer to the 7.2
Total Alkalinity - 40
Stabilizer- 0

Got a list of some local pool stores from a family member so I will try and have it tested at one of those and see if they can give me some good numbers and starting advice. Most chemicals I have from last year but I do like the BBB method so I may go with that.

Do a search for the term "pool stored" and do some reading before you consider trusting numbers or asking for advice from a pool store. I can tell you from personal experience, I had great reluctance to changing. Only last year did I truly embrace the BBB mindset, and only since last year have I had a consistently clear trouble free pool. The choice of who to believe is yours, just throwing my experience in there.

@Donldson i don't understand about "trusting numbers" I thought thats what most on this forum give advice by or are you just talking about the numbers a pool store would give me not being trustworty? I think if I could get it stable then I could maintain it with no problem. I had no initial problems last year like the yellow water so it was easier to get everything to "normal levels" and keep it there for the few weeks we had the pool. I would like to keep this pool out longer so I want it right from the beginning.

Pool store numbers are typically not accurate. Understand, the employees are there to sell products, not give you free test results. As you read through the forum for a while you learn to tell when test results are from a pool store because they are too specific. If someone posts that their FC level is 5.3 and CYA is 52, they are pool store numbers, intentionally rounded to odd numbers to give the appearance of being more accurate than your own test kit.

You can absolutely maintain your own pool with no problems. To do that you must educate yourself on at least the basics of how your pool chemistry works. If you are having trouble understanding Pool School, please ask on the areas you don't understand. There are people on this forum far better than I on explaining things in an easy to understand manner. It could save you hours of hassle and thousands of dollars. Best of all are all the comments from people who, for example, complain of all the rain messing with their balance asking why yours is still so clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.