Yellow spots

gonzo

Mar 3, 2015
South Florida
I have a small yellow-ish area in the pool that can't get rid off. I keep the chlorine about 8ppm and I have brushed the area almost every day for about 4 months with little improvement. Any suggestion on what I can try?

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 57
Gonzo, have you performed any tests to positively ID what the yellow spots might be (organic, iron, etc)? Also, confirm how you are chlorinating and if you are on city water or a well.

Are the spots isolated to that one area or across the entire pool? The area in the image you posted, is it predominantly shaded? Any specific texture to those spots (smooth, rough, etc)?

Besides noting your FC of about 8, it would help us to know all you other levels. Can you post them all please, to include which test kit you use since it's not in your signature. Thanks.

Hi Texas Splash, I am on city water, however, I irrigate the yard with canal water and I know sometimes this water sprinklers inside the pool. I did the Vitamin C test and I see improvements. I will do the ascorbic acid treatment and see what happens. One question that I have is what sequestering agent is recommended for use.

One question that I have is what sequestering agent is recommended for use.
ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.