Oxford, Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I thought I had yellow Algae so I did the over night test and my FC level went up a tad. Last night it was at 9.2 and this morning 9.4. I turned off the SWG before testing last night and kept it off. My CC is at 0. Water is clear. I have these small brownish spots that keep appearing in the same exact spots daily. I got in yesterday to feel it to see if it felt like dirt or slimy. It really didn't feel like anything and just kinda disappeared under my foot. I had planned on slamming, but now, I guess I don't need to? My understanding is if FC levels don't drop, there is no need to SLAM. AM I correct on this? I'll add my readings from yesterday evening. I used the Taylor 2006K salt tester

Attachments

• 4-26-21_210427_065216.jpg
    4-26-21_210427_065216.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
Since you passed the OLCT it would seem reasonable to not perform a SLAM at this time. Perhaps the stuff that settles in the same area and dissipated under your foot was simply dirt? A lot of areas also have heavy pollen this time of year which can be misleading. I'd just continue to monitor. As for the FC increase overnight, that was probably a testing issue or something minor between grabbing samples.

Since you passed the OLCT it would seem reasonable to not perform a SLAM at this time. Perhaps the stuff that settles in the same area and dissipated under your foot was simply dirt? A lot of areas also have heavy pollen this time of year which can be misleading. I'd just continue to monitor. As for the FC increase overnight, that was probably a testing issue or something minor between grabbing samples.
Thank you!! It could be pollen for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.