Year old liner issues

Apr 6, 2015
Nj
Hi everyone. I had a brand new in ground vinyl liner pool installed last year. 21,000 gallon 16x36 free form salt water pool. I heated the pool from the get go so I feel like I may have been loosing water from the start but I was new the pool and was unsure how much I should be loosing. I feel like at time I might loose 2 inch over a 4 to 5 day period. So the pool company closes the pool and we have a solid pool cover with a pump. I didn’t notice anything unusual well fast forward to spring and they open the pool and the water is down 3 and half feet. So the pool company send some one out to look for a leak. Turns out we have 4 holes two on the floor in shallow end and and 2 where the wall starts to slope in the deep end. They give us new salt take care of the repairs and all. I have talked to the pool company pleading my case that I feel that We got a bad liner and we should be having these issue a year into this. Is there anything I can really do about this? Or did I screw my self by not bring it to there attention last year? We have a bunch of open fields around us so I was kind of chalking it up to evaporation but I was wrong.

Hi, welcome to TFP! How long of a waranty did they give you for the liner? Is it failing at the seams or did something poke a hole in the liner? I think you have a better case if you have seam failure or something was not removed from the pool floor before the liner installation and it poked through the liner. From this point forward I would document any problems with the liner if it continues to develop new leaks.

Hi thanks. It’s a Garrett liner I believe. And it 10 years 100 percent covered for seam failure and pokes or holes I would get 50 percent coverage for replacement for 10 years I don’t feel a thing where the puncture are. I know stuff happens I’m glade they have taken care of it but I just feel like I shouldn’t be ya I guess these issues already. It is a 27mm thickness liner too

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.