Yeah I have my FIRST algae bloom! IE: Looking forward to a learning experience!

Much wind and rain for a prolonged period of time, mixed with a lousy work schedule left me falling behind in keeping up with all the tree debris falling into my pool and creating this situation and here I find myself.
Medium green algae can't see the bottom of 3' to 6' pool.
I just wanted to comment that after finding TFP a couple years ago, I always get giddy when we're unable to keep the pool "optimum" due to a personal schedule interference and how quick & easy it is to "clear" the situation! With very little $. TFP is such a great resource and with so much continual learning!
Hope your SLAM is "painless" (as they can be) and you're enjoying your clear pool again!

Ok,
Here the latest on my SLAM
Water is turning clear(er) blue. I can now see the bottom of my pool but still cloudy.
My FC been holding @ 20-22 for the last two days. I am running my SWG 100% during the SLAM. I was wondering if I should lower it to see if my FC drops or if I should be running it at all?

Anyway things "seem" to be going well
FC 22
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 320
CYA 40
WATER TEMP 52

Thanks again,
Michael

Turn off your SWG. It is masking if CL is being used up by algae. Maintain your shock level with liquid chlorine.

How is your filter pressure?

Reactions: setsailsoon
What you can do to help yourself is to take a pic of your pool each day looking down at the same spot. That will allow you to "see" the clearing. Otherwise your eyes will trick you and you will not think it is clearing. This seems like the longest part of the SLAM for most people.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What you can do to help yourself is to take a pic of your pool each day looking down at the same spot. That will allow you to "see" the clearing. Otherwise your eyes will trick you and you will not think it is clearing. This seems like the longest part of the SLAM for most people.
Ya, I can take daily photos, good idea. I can see a daily difference though, so that's good.

Thanks,
Michael

Hello,

So water was looking good, still the at the end of our 4th day of the SLAM I have finally lost some FC: from 22 this AM to 16 this PM. I've added an appropriate amount of Chlorine and will test again in an hour.

So still staying diligent. Still staying positive. Still grateful for this page and you good people for the support. It feels like it's looking good.

Michael

Reactions: Gene Clean
Good morning from the clear blue waters of L.A. Day 7 of the SLAM. First night I've lost no FC. I figure run that a few more days to make sure? I will be losing Clorine during the sunny days but I'm really just concerned that it maintains my SLAM levels that I set in the early evening to maintain over night, correct?

How many nights of holding a good FC do you reccomend before I can THINK about ending the SLAM.
My water looks crystal clear. (I know there could still be algae and need to be diligent)

Here are my #'s from this AM.

PH 7.6
FC 23
TA 80
CYA 40
Salt 3600
CH 350

Thanks,
Michael

OK,
I think I'm ready to button this up. The morning of day 8 my OCLT finally passed. Tested exactly the same this morning as last night. 0 CL loss. CC tested 0, and my water is clear.

So I'll start letting CL drop to normal levels then re activate the SWG and balance CYA and should be good to go.

Sound right?

Thanks
Michael

FC 21
PH 7.6
TA 90
CC 0
CYA 40
CH 360
SALT 3600
Water Temp 56 degrees

Reactions: splashpad
OK,
I think I'm ready to button this up. The morning of day 8 my OCLT finally passed. Tested exactly the same this morning as last night. 0 CL loss. CC tested 0, and my water is clear.
So I'll start letting CL drop to normal levels then re activate the SWG and balance CYA and should be good to go.
Sound right?

FC 21
PH 7.6
CH 360
Sounds great!

Is your pool a vinyl liner? (CH doesn't need to be that high if it is, you don't need to do anything about it, just curious) :)
Do you have the PH test that neutralizes chlorine first? Otherwise, that PH reading might not be accurate (with FC over 10)

You did a great job!

Sounds great!

Is your pool a vinyl liner? (CH doesn't need to be that high if it is, you don't need to do anything about it, just curious) :)
Do you have the PH test that neutralizes chlorine first? Otherwise, that PH reading might not be accurate (with FC over 10)

You did a great job!
No Liner, SWG w/Plaster. I dont have that test, I feel confident the CL will drop pretty quickly and I should be able to manage the balance if I stay on it. (Which I will)

Thanks,
Michael

Reactions: setsailsoon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.