Wrinkles in Vinyl

APoolFanCT

May 21, 2020
CT
I have some light wrinkling that developed in my vinyl pool wall. It all appeared in one particular section of the side wall one day. I’m pretty diligent about PH level (and with an SWG it tends to drift up anyway).

The water level in the pool did get pretty high after a big rainstorm a week before I noticed the wrinkles (we had a newborn so I wasn’t as on top of it as usual) - maybe I got water behind the vinyl. But would that wrinkle the wall or the floor (which is pristine)?

The vinyl is about 10 years old so probably time to replace soon anyway (though I have no other problems with it). Could this just be a sign the integrity is starting to go? Am I risking a catastrophic leak by not replacing after X years?

FC: 6
PH: 7.6
TA: 75
CH: 100 (vinyl liner)
CYA: 60
SALT: 3600
Borates: 20

The same thing happened to us on our last liner. It turned out the track and wall had sunk a bit in that area from a BIG rain that washed some sand away. No biggy and was easy to fix when we replace the liner a while later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.