Would this be a good sequestrant for me?

Re: Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

We recommend using sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives. That product is not based on one of those compounds.

JasonLion said:
We recommend using sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives. That product is not based on one of those compounds.

Thank you for your quick response. I will order some ProTeam Metal Magic.

I looked at the directions on the back of their container (picture on web site) and saw that it said to keep my PH level at 7.5 for best results.

Should I still lower my PH to 7.0 or 7.2 anyway?

mbar said:
When the stain is gone, add enough sequestering agent for the volume of your pool - more is better than not enough.

I have everything I need to begin treatment. My question is about how much sequestering agent to use.

The directions on the ProTeam bottle call for 1 quart/10k gallons for the initial treatment. My assumption is that is what the AA is for.

So - should I use the recommended 'maintenance' amount of ProTeam sequestering agent at this step? (3oz/10k gallons once per week)

AA and sequestrant are two different things. You should add the startup dose of sequestrant and then continue with the maintenance dose as recommended. One you have experience with how that goes, you can try adjusting the dose downward and see how much you really need to use.

JasonLion said:
AA and sequestrant are two different things. You should add the startup dose of sequestrant and then continue with the maintenance dose as recommended. One you have experience with how that goes, you can try adjusting the dose downward and see how much you really need to use.

Thanks again. I'll do it that way and report back here soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.