Would appreciate advice for a pool cleaner, Dolphin series

SBall

Jun 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
I just need some help deciding...seems like the S200 or S300 would be a good choice, although each of these has an "Active" version, and I can't actually find any differences either on the breakdown link on this forum, or on Maytronic website.

Needs/wants: I want to drop it in the pool at 8:30am when I leave for work and have my wife pull it out a couple hours later. I can't imagine having any interest in controlling it or driving it. We have a pretty decent amount of leaves that I get with my net, but need it to be able to handle a few. I have a deep end ledge and a shallow end step that is 4'x16'x15" deep, and would love for it to clean those, along with walls and waterline. Otherwise, it is pretty much a rectangle.

Pool specs are in signature. I feel like the S200 is probably the best option, just not sure if the S300 would do anything better, and not sure what the Active series add. Thanks.

S,

I have a Dolphin Premier, which has a remote... I used it once in the past five years, so I agree with your "Don't need to drive it around" comments.

For Christmas I bought an S200 from Marina Pool and Spa, for a rent house and so far have been impressed..

No robot will clean your ledges or steps..

Other than the color, I believe that the Active and S2XX are the same basic units.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The S200 is equal to the Active20. I have the Active20. Works great.

Maytronics has multiple brand names for the same units. Depends on whom is selling them, etc.

Either one should do most of your pool. The 15" deep area may be on the edge for it to operate.

Also the 300 comes with a caddy and has a couple of more features like the ability to set times etc in the app functions.
Personally I like the caddy as it stores everything neatly and also has a place to mount the control box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.