Worms? What gives?

duade

Aug 11, 2020
Chicago
We've had a warm fall here in the Chicago area. My water temp has not dropped below even 70 yet, so I haven't closed. Normally I'm closed around the last of September.

Anyway, every morning for the last week and a half, I've had anywhere from a half dozen to ten large earth worms on the bottom of the pool. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 18

Texasexile

May 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
I've had earthworms in my pool. Some years more some less. Along with chipmunks, moles, and birds. Like you, we in Pittsburgh have had a warm fall but will start closing Saturday when the temps finally drop.

Reactions: duade

otter86753

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
This fall I have had more earthworms than usual in the pool. I swam last night and picked up three.

V___25

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2020
Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
YES! I've had a ton the later part of this summer and now fall. And caterpillars of all shapes and sizes. My robot is working overtime.

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
Pool Size
Yes earth worms make their way into the pool, some nearly six inches long. This is a sign of a healthy yard and garden.

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
Pool Size
They are seeking higher ground due to the saturated soil conditions. The trouble is they keep going over the lip of the coping. Classic case of out of the frying pan and into the fire, except opposite conditions.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and duade