Wisperflo motor replacement

LKB

Jul 1, 2012
Hi All!

New here to this great site, just got a home with a 10K gallon salt water pool/spa with spa, no water features just the spa overflows into the pool.I currently have a Pentair Wisperflo 1.5 pump and I am looking for the best bang for the to save some energy costs, below are the specs on the pump and motor and my energy costs, I was looking at the EE B842 from inyopools but want to know if I can goto a 2 speed motor and save even more. The motor install is not a problem just not sure how to wire it to my controller or if I need an additional timer/equipment. I also want to plan for solar installation in about 2 years. Any advice would be appreciated, as I have heard I may need to replace the impeller/diffuser as well.

Looking for a reasonable alternative to the intelliflo VS for now.

Thanks,
LB

These are the #'s that were left on the motor/pump
Pentair Wisperflo circa 2007
Motor
SQFL1.5HPF2a
PN 075235S
56Y square flange

Pump
PN 011774 ?
PMP WF-28 11

container ID site E

horsepower 2
Service factor ??.1
Serial No
1/11/DO7

Controller
Pentair Compol LX-100

kWh used 2101

Energy usage
kWh this month 2101
Service days 33
kWh/day 64
**The electric service amount
includes the following charges:
Customer charge: $5.90 per month
Fuel: $81.25
(First 1000 kWh at $0.033430)
(Over 1000 kWh at $0.043430)
Non-fuel: $119.92
(First 1000 kWh at $0.051840)
(Over 1000 kWh at $0.061840)

I am a bit confused you say 1.5hp at the top and then say "horsepower 2, service factor ??.1" It is fine to have a motor too big for the pump, but having a motor smaller than the pump can be hard on the motor.

WF-28 pump from the Pentair website: is a 2HP with 1.1SF = 2.2 SFHP
But it sounds like the motor might have been replaced with a smaller 1.5hp ... or it could be a 1.5HP with 1.5SF giving the same SFHP of 2.2

Kind of need some clarification.

The cheapest option would be replacing just the motor. You could either get one of the more efficient 1 speeds or you should not have a problem replacing it with a like sized 2-speed motor.

Does the spa run on the same motor? No booster pump or blower? If so, then I am not sure you would want to go smaller on the motor SFHP. IF you did go smaller on the motor, you would also need to change the impeller.

Hi Jason, thanks for the fast reply, yes I am confused as well about the info on the pump vs motor, the tags are torn on the pump so that is all I can read. I can post pics if we are allowed to. The spa runs on the same pump and has a blower. It looks the the motor has been changed but not sure on the impeller/diffuser. I just went thorough it installing a salt water seal and all new gaskets to seal it up, it would be easy enough to pull apart and check the #'s on impeller diffuser. I did read a post referring A1pool as a good vendor, I was going to look into them. My controller has aremote for the spa, can it be wired to use the high speed for the spa? or do I need additional equipment?

Any PN's would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
LB

I am guessing that the pump was the 1.5X1.5 = 2.2 SFHP which would match the pump.

I am not familiar with your automation, but most can handle 2-speed pumps, possibly using 2 of the relays. And it should be possible to turn on high speed when you select spa.

To match your current motor max HP, you should look for a 1.5HP Full Rated motor ... For example B2983: http://www.a1poolparts.com/-strse-1648/ ... Detail.bok

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.