Wish me luck.

Sweet woke up this morning the FC was at 16.5 target SLAM level is 16 my guess is all the alge is dead. I will get in the pool today to give it a good scrubbing. By the way the water looks so much better today still a bit cloudy but the filter is working on that.

Ok slam is done FC is at 6.5
so now start checking the below one at a time and adding what ever POOL match says? should they be checked in any order ?
  • FC – Free Chlorine
  • PH – Acidity/Basicity
  • TA – Total Alkalinity
  • CH – Calcium Hardness
  • CYA – Cyanuric Acid

Just to be clear -- the first step to a successful SLAM is crystal clear water. You can tell heads or tails of a quarter on bottom.

Once you have that and then pass an OCLT, you allow your FC to fall to target level for your CYA, and maintain that FC level. You check pH and if in the 7's, leave it. You test TA weekly.

Pool is crystal crystal clear I will see about the OCLT tonight.
So at this point I only need to see it pass the OCLT I did test the ph and the pool math app said to add 8 boxes of borax so I will just wait I guess and test again after it passes OCLT.

Thanks

pH of 4? How did you measure that?

You need borax. I hope you do not have a heater. Your liner is not going to like it either.

What is your TA?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will check the TA now ok did the test as in the video and my water turned red as soon as i added the 2nd set of drops r0008 where in the vid his 3rd set of drops is what turned the water red .
So I stopped putting drops after 4 and my vile stayed the same red.

You really should have addressed TA first, then pH.
Stop adding borax and address TA with baking soda.

Sorry but this thread never started with a complete set of test results.

Use Poolmath. Determine how much baking soda you need to go from 0 to 50ppm. Add it, brush, circulate for 30 minutes. Test for TA. If you get a number, use it to target 70 ppm. If you get 0 again, do the same add to get to 50 and repeat.

do I need to run a full new set of tests to get all the numbers to enter into pool math? not sure where to start, sorry Im confused is there some other way to get pool math to give me the amount of Baking Soda I need?

Effect of adding chemicals.

For your size pool, you need 10 lbs of Borax to raise you TA 50 ppm.

As your TA and pH are so low, you can use Washing Soda (soda ash) but only enough to get some readings, then switch to baking soda/borax.

If you add 4 lbs of soda ash, you should get a TA reading. It will raise your pH too.

Did you look at the link I provided?

Soda ash is available as ARM & HAMMER® Super Washing Soda Detergent Booster. Do not confuse this with ARM & HAMMER® laundry detergent! It is sold in the laundry detergent section of most larger grocery stores and some big box stores.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.