Wish me luck.

Renob

May 14, 2019
Palestine TX
Hello all, I'm just about to test my pool for the first time before I SLAM the pool. I will now check by CYA and FC levels.
The pool has now been a nice green for about two weeks since taking the cover off. Oh and I will also update my sig with all my info. Im sure I will need lots of help I'm a bit slow with these things so thanks in advance.

Not such a good start was started the FC test with 10ml of water on the magnetic stirrer added a heaping spoon of R-0870 and the water did not turn pink as in the vid.
any thoughts? oh and by the way I used the round end of the blue spoon included with the TF 100 kit

Not such a good start was started the FC test with 10ml of water on the magnetic stirrer added a heaping spoon of R-0870 and the water did not turn pink as in the vid.
any thoughts? oh and by the way I used the round end of the blue spoon included with the TF 100 kit
That means you have no free chlorine. Not surprising at all if it was just opened for the season, or if it's green or cloudy. Did you check for CC anyway? You should.

Ok picked 12 gallons of 6% Walmat Great Value bleach, pool math app says to add 3.3 gallons to start with my SLAM target FC 15 hope this all sounds right to you all, I may way to get your feedback before I start.

Thanks,
Rob

Ok picked 12 gallons of 6% Walmat Great Value bleach, pool math app says to add 3.3 gallons to start with my SLAM target FC 15 hope this all sounds right to you all, I may way to get your feedback before I start.

Thanks,
Rob
If the pH is in range, jugs away!

Just round the CYA up to 40 and use 16 as the FC target. And don;t panic if it's all or mostly gone when you do the first retest. A green or cloudy pool can eat bleach about as fast as you can pour. It doesn't mean you dis anything wrong.

Go ahead and use FC 16 ppm as Target. So essentially 3 1/2 jugs.

You will need lots more bleach. When at Walmart, go to Pool section and look for Chlorinating liquid. 10%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, they are separate test. Right now you are only concerned with FC and CC. PH test is not valid while in SLAM mode or FC above 10ppm. Make sure you use the 10ml sample to save on reagents.

Ok the pool has been sitting at 18 FC level where my recommended SLAM is 16 FC the pool looks nice and blue but cloudy I guess I chill for now?
Yep. Let the chlorine work. You still ought to brush. It's highly likely you got tired and sloppy on parts the last time you brushed. Go hit those spots again and loosen the slimy biofilm that protects the algae. It'll also keep the chlorine well mixed and dispersed everywhere, and keep any particulates stirred up so they can get sucked into the filter and removed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.