Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
First time owner of IG pool. Used 1 month in 2021, opened for the season Mothers Day weekend 2022. Still trying to sort through all the misinformation online and at the pool store. Figured for $8 TFP/year was worth a shot.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You are definitely in the right place to learn things the right way and save $$$ overall. The link below is a great place to start.

Welcome to TFP!!!

I'm curious about what is the "$8 TFP/year"?

You are going to need to replace those test strips with a good test kit. Either TF-100 or Taylor K-200C.

Welcome to TFP!!!

I'm curious about what is the "$8 TFP/year"?

You are going to need to replace those test strips with a good test kit. Either TF-100 or Taylor K-200C.

$8 to keep a pool log of test result, etc.

Reactions: AK-
We had the pool built last fall. The builder in the end seemed a little shady and was consistently hard to get answers from. I did all the electrical myself and the builder f'd me by not communicating the timeline of the build which created more work for me electrically (i.e. digging). It was my first time wiring a pool, as i don't do residential work by trade.

He says in his vague contract that the warranty (whatever that means) is good for 3 years but is only good if he opens and closes the pool for winter. I guess I'm satisfied with the closing, but the opening seemed to be a joke. He rolled up the winter safety cover with all the debris and worms in it, which I unfolded and cleaned myself. He didn't add any salt, claimed the distributor was out, so i had to purchase and add myself.

The pool level was above the skimmer, so I emptied the water myself to the halfway point of the opening. The builder has really given no direction on maintenance whatsoever, and is generally unfriendly. We did have a 48"x16' Summer Waves pool for one summer and I had no issues keeping the water clean and clear by doing online research.

I am the type of guy who does everything myself, from construction, home repairs, etc. I'd really like to absolve myself from using the builder to do the opening and closing. I believe he did a quality install, just his introvertedness and lack of communication irks me. My question is, what can go wrong that I would need him to warrant the pool? If the walls or something totally fails structurally I would hire an attorney to fight that, but what else could go wrong? Thoughts?

Thank you.