Wiring on Hayward pool pump V-switch

Eddy75

May 21, 2019
Montreal
Hi there, had my pool pump apart over the winter to do some maintenance . I removed the 2 red wires that go to the v-switch but didn’t mark it down, now I’m not sure which wire goes where. There is a red wire coming off the capacitor and another red wire coming off the motor. Does any one know which wire goes on which lead on the v- switch or can tell me where I can find the info

Attached is a picture of the switch

Attachments

• 42EB8A2A-09EB-4A4A-84C6-27088E4CCE13.jpeg
    42EB8A2A-09EB-4A4A-84C6-27088E4CCE13.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure, but I think that the terminals are the same because the switch just opens and closes.

So, I don't think that it matters.

Note: Don't leave any wires outside the capacitor standposts because the weights on the centrifugal switch swing out and can snag any loose wires.

Thanks for the info.

I hooked up the wires but can’t get the pump to start, it just hums and eventually trips the breaker.
I took a resistance reading on the windings and they seem to be ok.
I also changed the capacitor with one that had the same specs and double check that the shaft moves freely.

Is there anything else I should check?

Do you have a picture of the pump label?

Can you post another picture of the back with everything showing?

Why did you take the wires apart?

Did you only take off the switch wires?

Maybe the switch contacts are corroded.

Try cleaning the contacts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.