Wiring Intelliflo + Intellichlor SWG + Mastertemp (without automation)

DB2

Silver Supporter
Jul 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Over the last couple years I (DIY) replaced all of my pool equipment, including adding an IC40 and installing an Intellicenter I10PS. We just have a simple pool now, but were planning to completely redo the pool, and add a spa - thus the reason I bought the I10PS to "future proof" the equipment.

Fast forward to today...and we are moving. New house has a beautiful, recently (cosmetically) overhauled pool, with spa and several water features. Equipment though is tired and automation is an older Aqualink. So I am going to take my I10PS and Intelliph with me, and add a new IC60 and 2 intelliflos (I have the never used intellivalves also).

I am going to leave the the intelliflo, the IC40 and the heater. ("Heated saltwater pool" seems to get people excited). I purchased the Intellichlor power center to power the IC40 since the current transformer is in the Intellicenter.

My question is - is there any reason not to wire the intelliflo, intellichlor and heater (Mastertemp 400) to the same 240V breaker? Logically, I don't see a problem with it, given the intelliflo is always powered, and the ic40 and heater have flow sensors...but I'm asking more if a pool inspector is going to have a problem with everything on one breaker?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My question is - is there any reason not to wire the intelliflo, intellichlor and heater (Mastertemp 400) to the same 240V breaker? Logically, I don't see a problem with it, given the intelliflo is always powered, and the ic40 and heater have flow sensors...but I'm asking more if a pool inspector is going to have a problem with everything on one breaker?

Is the breaker a 20 amp 240V GFCI?

That setup without the IC40 Power Center on a timer would require the pump be run 24/7. Rather then put a timer in I would put in an IntelliConnect which can control the pump and SWG without needing a timer. Then you can show the pool has phone app control that folks want.

Putting all three devices on one CB will technically work but if I bought the house I woudl curse you when the CB trips and it become difficult figuring out which device is causing the trip. So it is ok but not desirable.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread